English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Ward Dumps The WBC

Andre Ward Dumps The WBC

After careful thought and consideration with my family and team, I have decided to relinquish my WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Emeritus Title. As has been recently reported, the WBC elected to strip me of my world title belt, making the upcoming bout between Sakio Bika and Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant Super Middleweight Title. After consultation with my manager James Prince and attorney Josh Dubin, it is my belief that the WBC did not have the right to strip me of my World Title and name me Champion Emeritus. We voiced our position to the WBC, and after several discussions, have agreed to disagree with their interpretation of the facts and rules. In our opinion, we feel strongly that I did not violate the rules in any manner whatsoever.

When I fought Chad Dawson, there was no mandatory contender. Subsequent to my victory, I injured my shoulder but have remained ready, willing and able to defend my title within the period specified by the WBC's rules. Nonetheless, without what we feel was appropriate due process, the WBC elected to strip me of my World Title. I think my track record in fighting the best opponents available speaks for itself. I worked extremely hard and dedicated my entire career to win and defend my WBC belt. As a matter of principle, I have chosen to stand up for what I believe is right. I think the fans know and appreciate that I am the Super Middleweight Champion of the World, and I trust that I will continue to be recognized assuch. I am back in training again, feeling great, and excited about my return to the ring

The Super Middle Weight Champion of the World,

Andre Ward

Re: Andre Ward Dumps The WBC

Bunch of horse hockey, I would love to see the day when one promotional company controls boxing and these stupid sanctioning organizations are fighting for scraps

Agreed carmin.

I've brought it up numerous times with Radam explaining to me why there isn't a "boxing league" per say.

Why hasn't Floyd been stripped of his 154 belt?

He makes more money and pays higher sanctioning fees would be my guess.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    Bunch of horse hockey, I would love to see the day when one promotional company controls boxing and these stupid sanctioning organizations are fighting for scraps
    We are working diligently on this, I promise you.

@amayseng. No, not a league per se. Also, the sanctioning fee is going to go the way of the dodo bird. If we are unable to deliver this, I've misspent a portion of my life.

Advanced Users

As there will never be a one-world government, there will never be a one-world sanctioning-or-pomoting organization controlling boxing. Seediness and chaos, when it comes to any types of mano-i-mano, is natural as breathing air, passing gas and taking a syet. Some things we have to live with and accept the ruff and tuff and huff. Holla!

Administrator

You are not wrong often, but you're wrong in this instance.

Advanced Users

Help me out. Where is the wind of change blowing in from? Holla!

Advanced Users

The Amateur International Boxing Association's APB -- AIBA's Professional Boxing -- is mafia stepping in. But the top crooked alphabet-sanctioning organizations have already gathered up some top-dawg attorneys and are READY to fight to survive.

OH, NO! There will never be a single body, and there never was from the jump.

The late, great "Homicide" Hank Armstrong never held three undisputed world title at one time, as pundits give this impression. The late, great Sugar Ray Robinson was never undisputed at welterweight, and three of his five times holding the title at middleweight were not undisputed. And the great Larry Holmes was never an undisputed title-belt holder.

It ain't human nature to have oneness of anything. So I super double da fudge doubt that oneness in the sweet science is a coming. Holla!

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    one controlling power? that means one mafia family calls the shot. spread the wealth around many mafia families.

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    The Amateur International Boxing Association's APB -- AIBA's Professional Boxing -- is mafia stepping in. But the top crooked alphabet-sanctioning organizations have already gathered up some top-dawg attorneys and are READY to fight to survive.

OH, NO! There will never be a single body, and there never was from the jump.

The late, great "Homicide" Hank Armstrong never held three undisputed world title at one time, as pundits give this impression. The late, great Sugar Ray Robinson was never undisputed at welterweight, and three of his five times holding the title at middleweight were not undisputed. And the great Larry Holmes was never an undisputed title-belt holder.

It ain't human nature to have oneness of anything. So I super double da fudge doubt that oneness in the sweet science is a coming. Holla!
    that is right! some people want one thing to control them so they don't have to use their gift of a free thinking mind.