English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Go back to the original weight divisions

deepwater

Go back to the original weight divisions

And maybe add a few more around the heavyweight divisions. 17 weight classes is diluting the sport . No one makes the weight anyway and the powerbrokers that run the show pay off the boxers anyway . 17 weight classes times four major sanction bodies = too much. It's really about greed but it's hurting the sport . Any boxer should be able to fight another man within 10 lbs or so . I don't give mma much credit but they do not have 17 weight classes and everyone of those fans know who the champion at each weight is. Less weight divisions will mean better fights, less missing titles on the scale, less trickery . And don't cry me a river about hey some wbo guy can't be champion because it's not fair. Well that the point ,life isn't fair, some belt holders shouldn't be called champ, so by thinning the herd we will make the sport stronger . I give Broner credit for moving up also because if a boxer can whoop someone he can whoop someone 10-12 lbs bigger too.

Advanced Users

Re: Go back to the original weight divisions

Amen! Holla!

I've agreed with that for year and years.

126 and 130. ????

Administrator

Then you'd definitely have to bring the weigh-in back to the day of the fight, or the casualties would rise at a scary rate.

Advanced Users

Explain that ddv, please? Why would going back to the origin need to weight in the day of the fight, or more casualities are a coming? During the time of the legit weight classes, a big difference in weight meant nothing. Smaller guys kicked the double fudge outta the bigger guys. It was so disturbing that Boxrec is pulling back from noting the actual weights.

Now! Who in the heck punked Boxrec? I guess that is what happens when you can get free stuff. The corrupted powers that be ruff, and make you into a powder puff. Holla!