English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Roy Jones getting in there with Ruiz was a big deal

deepwater

Roy Jones getting in there with Ruiz was a big deal

The more and more I think about it, Roy going up to heavy and winning was a real big deal. While everyone is having catch weights and whatever, Floyd fighting for 2 lbs, Garcia being over 2 lbs. I just re-watched Roy vs Ruiz and man that was a good performance and took balls to pull off. Besides Hopkins going up and whooping Tarver ;I don't see any modern guys doing that. (yeah Adamak I know) Forget the washed up Roy and all that, Roy really was an atg for pulling that off. He should of called it a day or fought another heavy. He should never of come back down.

Advanced Users

Re: Roy Jones getting in there with Ruiz was a big deal

Ditto, Deepwater! I totally agree with you. The then Superman Roy should had stayed at heavyweight, fought and then retired and went into training and promoting and movie acting and, of course, being a HBO talking head. Holla!

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Ditto, Deepwater! I totally agree with you. The then Superman Roy should had stayed at heavyweight, fought and then retired and went into training and promoting and movie acting and, of course, being a HBO talking head. Holla!
    He could of been the baddest man on the planet if he left at the right time.

That was crazy impressive.

Cutting muscle like that coming down in weight debilitates the CNS.