English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain

Can someone please explain

Why or how a ref steps in to start a standing 8 count when Thompson is in the middle of knocking Price out???!!?

If he's jumping in it should be to stop it right?

U can't have a timeout.

Fukn brits

Re: Can someone please explain

Correct amaseng.........No Referree Rescues allowed in the professional sport of boxing..
    The perversion of the rules is a moot point because David was beyond salvation....all the Ref did was get Price worked over real good for about 20 more seconds.
    This guy had unbelievable potential but like Seth Mitchell he simply isn't cut out for the brutal sport of boxing..... And I'm not going to mention gassing out completely by the fourth round..having zero instinct to clinch and losing a fight he should have had in the bag by round two...
    What these rookies don't know about boxing makes the Klitchskos look like modern day mythical legends. (Skills that used to be common place).......Not meaning to take a swipe at Wlad who disciplined himself to overcome adversity and evolve as a fighter.

Think I'll go have that drink now... and pick a fight with some guy twice my size and twice as young. WHAT!!WHAT!! ...lol

Administrator

It was actually Price, not Tyson Fury, that was suppose to be Britians next big thing. And so the search continues.

Administrator

Crazy Brown Sugar. You'll be missing for another four months!
    Last edited by dino da vinci; 07-06-2013 at 08:16 PM.

I was just looking to enjoy a good scrap and what I saw is just unbelievable. Favoritism at its best. You either stop the fight or let Price get knocked out or pull thro the storm. There are NO timeouts and a standing 8 count during a flurry.

Unreal.

Yes wlad and Vitali are truly good,

but this division is a disgrace.

I was blessed to speak with my dad about 5 months ago and I told him how lucky he was to have such a great era in boxing with the 60-70-80-90's.
    he didn't argue. Ha.
    I feel cheated.

Advanced Users

That is boxing. The "threatre of the unexpected" and a lot of the rejected. That is the political purpose of the standing "8 count," Asaymeng. There is no need for it in the pros, unless a person is knocked back onto the ropes, and they are the reason that he didn't fall.

Sometimes, the ref will mess up or get bias for the home gun and outta arse-whuppin' blue give him an eight count. Jumping in with "8 counts" to save arse is bunk. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    It was actually Price, not Tyson Fury, that was suppose to be Britians next big thing. And so the search continues.
    Right ......DVD.....now Thompson gets promoted to gatekeeper as his financial needs dictates..... Sad truth is he could actually hold the spot for while.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    That is boxing. The "threatre of the unexpected" and a lot of the rejected. That is the political purpose of the standing "8 count," Asaymeng. There is no need for it in the pros, unless a person is knocked back onto the ropes, and they are the reason that he didn't fall.

Sometimes, the ref will mess up or get bias for the home gun and outta arse-whuppin' blue give him an eight count. Jumping in with "8 counts" to save arse is bunk. Holla!
    Hey boss where do you get your alkaline water? I had to pay 1500 for a used one that originally was 4k and it came straight from Japan. Rack.

I thought Lennox would help Price...but his key to success would have been going to the school of Manny Stewart Heavyweight success.....Jab, clinch and let the boo-birds be damned... and at some point if your opponent becomes unable to defend himself....release a power punch..one at a time . TD Jakes said its better to be a live dog than a dead lion...
    Enjoyed all the great comments .... no arguments to pick today.