English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paulie Likes Mayweather To Beat Canelo, But...

Paulie Likes Mayweather To Beat Canelo, But...

Paul Malignaggi showed on June 22 that he is not yet at a place where he will be relegated, kicked to the curb of the analyst chair, as opposed to center ring. He lost a split decision to Adrien Broner, but threw more than the "winner" and many folks had him winning the bout, even if two of three judges didn't. The fighter is now in wait-and-see mode, and is concentrating on analyst duties for Showtime. I asked him to assess the Sept. 14 showdown between Floyd Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez.
    "You gotta favor Floyd but Canelo is coming, he's hungry and he is the bigger man. I'm curious to see what tactics he uses to fight the smaller man. Floyd is the more talented man but he's the smaller man. I'm curious to see if Canelo can take advantage of that size advantage. His punching power is such that if he can land enough, and get Floyd's respect and intimidate him, it could make things interesting. But again, it's hard to go against Mayweather."
    Does Canelo even do better than Robert Guerrero did, I wondered, because to me, that's not a given. "It's hard to say, we don't know about Canelo's ability to adjust yet because we haven't seen him in a situation where he's had to adjust," said Malignaggi (in photo, on right, talking to writer, in Evi Avrahami pic). "We hope, because of Canelo's reputation, he's better than Guerrero, but we haven't seen a situation where Canelo has been in super tough. The Trout fight he had that a little bit, it was close, but it was always him up a couple points, all the way. I'm curious to see how Canelo would react if he is behind."
    Follow Woods on Twitter.

Advanced Users

Re: Paulie Likes Mayweather To Beat Canelo, But...

Paulie knows! Money May all DAY! With the red-headed hype all will go the Money May's way. Holla!

Camelot doesn't have the footwork to beat Floyd.

His only option is to go Frazier and eat shots trying to land a left hook ala Ali.

Lol Camelot, Paulie has always been pro Mayweather. Canelo def has to improve his footwork and balance to be competitive. However I am not totally writing off the ginger mexican, he just might have a shot. We shall see

Hey Paulie! Piezon how was the pizza?

Canelo is ready and a live dog in the fight and can rumble, more than just hype. Somebody drinking the hatorade cause Canelo is in the light cause they're favorite fighter ate mexican dynamite LOL!!!!! It's aight don't cry in your beer, maybe Pacman will be in the mix next year LOL. Dueces

I can smell an upset coming....Canelo is streamlined tank. Floyd is a jeep with a 50 cal machine gun attatched. The tank usually wins. If Floyd cannot take another trip back to his youth in the same time machine he used against Guerrero..... he loses badly.

Advanced Users

The red-headed hype is going get played like a piano and kayoed. Drinking anything will not hurt or help him. Those Money May mitts will have him in deep kimchee. For Money, it will be one easy victory. Holla!

Advanced Users

I'm glad that Nevada doesn't have that "Stand your ground law" bulljive. Because Money May is going to be conducting a mayhem-@$$ spanking on the red-headed hype. And we don't need this muthasucka pulling out a gun in that squared jungle and claiming that he feared for his life. Hehehe! And I ain't being morbid. We are dealing with "The threatre of the unexpected."

I expect for several fighters to wear their hoodies into da squared jungle in the coming weeks. Holla!

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I'm glad that Nevada doesn't have that "Stand your ground law" bulljive. Because Money May is going to be conducting a mayhem-@$$ spanking on the red-headed hype. And we don't need this muthasucka pulling out a gun in that squared jungle and claiming that he feared for his life. Hehehe! And I ain't being morbid. We are dealing with "The threatre of the unexpected."

I expect for several fighters to wear their hoodies into da squared jungle in the coming weeks. Holla!
    LOl. stand your ground law was irrelevant in that case. Self defense was the justification for the dismissal. Self defense is Floyd s best weapon and should win against gingerbread man pretty easy.