English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canelos blueprint- round 6 floyd vs cotto?

Canelos blueprint- round 6 floyd vs cotto?

round 6 was a convincing round in favor of cotto.

this round could be the blueprint for fighting floyd,

however, this round floyd seemed especially static as far as his footwork and work rate

are concerned..

was this a recovery round for floyds stamina and a second wind?

or did cotto take the round?

round 8 was a good round for cotto also..

just trying to stir up a little hype as we are a month out .

brownsugar, you have a lot of confidence in canelo, what do you think is his fight plan to

beat floyd?

Re: Canelos blueprint- round 6 floyd vs cotto?

[QUOTE=amayseng;34936]round 6 was a convincing round in favor of cotto.

this round could be the blueprint for fighting floyd,

however, this round floyd seemed especially static as far as his footwork and work rate

are concerned..

was this a recovery round for floyds stamina and a second wind?

or did cotto take the round?

round 8 was a good round for cotto also..

just trying to stir up a little hype as we are a month out .

@amayseng

Canelo's precise up and down( head and body ) combination punching is the best in the business... and he's the only boxer with a higher accuracy rating when it comes to punch stats...

If he simply let's his hand go while coming forward every time Floyd launched a shot...like Guerrero did he'll have a chance of either catching Floyd with a devastating body shot or an under hook to the chin while Floyd is ducking away...probability dictates that he'll land something of consequence and proceed from there to work of his successes...

taking the fight directly to Floyd but walking through his punches and countering instead of getting slapped around like a smaller fighter....Alvarez shouldn't get moved much when he gets hit...giving the impression of the effective ...dominating aggressor. At least obtaining a UD IF not a stoppage.

wow, im on the same page, i posted that somewhere as well

he cant try to just counter floyds right hands, he has to go into the shot, well close the pocket and rip hooks
    and try to trade and catch floyd with a few....

floyd wont stay in that pocket, hell pot shot once and exit out.

i agree with the body head combo punching,

i didnt realize he was so accurate..

my concern is 12 rounds....

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    wow, im on the same page, i posted that somewhere as well

he cant try to just counter floyds right hands, he has to go into the shot, well close the pocket and rip hooks
    and try to trade and catch floyd with a few....

floyd wont stay in that pocket, hell pot shot once and exit out.

i agree with the body head combo punching,

i didnt realize he was so accurate..

my concern is 12 rounds....
    I'm very concerned Amaseng it won't do well for Floyd to ruin my fight party by losing.

The way Floyd, at times, fought the Ghost in close was also quite telling; for those wishing to analyse some of Floyd's weaknesses.

Or better put (than weaknesses) the manner in which he adjusts.

I say that, as I am not sure they're weaknesses and as such the best you can probably hope for by knowing some of these things about Floyd is that you may be able to predict and prepare - which of course makes you predictable.

the ghost won the first two rounds because he was throwing to the body with floyd when floyd was throwing one or two if i remember correct,
    then floyd adjusted and pot shotted and bailed and stayed outside and away and coasted easy win

Advanced Users

Money May's after-fight print: "Canelo now knows that on Mayweather's noggin, there is no halo." Money May was devilish in whuppin' Canelo's @$$. By round two, Canelo was out of gas. Money May never stepped on the brakes. His arms and gloves shot at Canelo as if they were twin snakes.

"When it came to Money May, Canelo was too full of Aztec warrior pride and learned-boxing-the-wrong-way mistakes." Holla!

The blueprint is very similar to the game plan Martinez executed tonight against Romero. Pressure- determination- perseverance- bodywork/head work top to bottom- visa versa - round after round - machine like. Damn impressive! Thats how you beat Floyd Mayweather, IMO. Just ask Jose Luis Castillo...
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 08-17-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Advanced Users

Money May had an off night against JLC. That is why he easily won the second bout. Money May is like coal. You put pressure on him, you turn him into a diamond. And his BLING-BLING skills blind and sucker the opponent into any easy arse thrashing. Holla!

I ain't going to name drop but I know a variety of professional fighters. If I've learned one thing from most of them it's to be skeptical of what you're being told before and after training camp. Point being, I'm more comfortable thinking Floyd had a Jose Luis Castillo night rather than the brittle hands - sore shoulder- or loss sleep over the "slave" wages he was supposedly being paid durning those times (what a totally insensitive comment to those real slaves of yesteryears. Shame on Floyd's ignorance) That version of JLC was a damn good one so all credit to him and his effort. But yea, to Floyd's credit ...he handled him in the immediate rematch. Clearly. That's the greatness of PBF. His ability to learn- implement - adjust.

Btw, love the coal/diamond line. Perfect! Bout to watch this 6th round Amayseng speaks of...
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 08-18-2013 at 02:12 AM.