English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Next For Robert Guerrero?

What's Next For Robert Guerrero?

Robert Guerrero's co-manager Bob Santos checked in with TSS, on the subject of what's next for the Ghost, who last gloved up in May, when he tangled with the hard-to-get-a-bead-on Floyd Mayweather.
    What's the next move for the 30-year-old Guerrero (31-2-1)?
    "We're not sure, just waiting on (promoter) Golden Boy," Santos said. A fight against WBA interim welter champ Keith Thurman was offered, but Team Guerrero wasn't interested. "Thurman doesn't mean anything at this point," said Santos, who works with Luis De Cubas in helming Guerrero's career.
    A more likely course for the Cali-based boxer is sitting tight, and seeing how an Adrien Broner-Marcos Maidana fight might play out, and, perhaps, get the winner, ESPN's Dan Rafael reported last week. "We will see if they will put Broner in with Robert," Santos said, in closing.

Re: What's Next For Robert Guerrero?

i hope he takes on broner at 147.

i think that is a fight he will win.

there are lots of options for him.

paulie
    madaina
    judah
    loser of garcia and matthysse
    thurman

i think facing floyd will make him better, now he knows what he needs to work on.

i want to see him face broner personally.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    i hope he takes on broner at 147.

i think that is a fight he will win.

there are lots of options for him.

paulie
    madaina
    judah
    loser of garcia and matthysse
    thurman

i think facing floyd will make him better, now he knows what he needs to work on.

i want to see him face broner personally.

Guerrero showed a lot of potential..a good chin....great stamina and some surprisingly astute boxing skills. Any fighter on the list is a good matchup. Guerrero beats them all except Thurman, too big, too strong, too accurate. Guerrero beats Ortiz as well. Very tough for a welter that only weighs around 155 on fight night.

I'd like to see Guerrero vs Josesito Lopez.

Advanced Users

Wow! That would be a good scrap, SP! The Cali (Humbug) Ghost versus Riverside Rocky. And we know that the Cali Ghost Dad's wacko @ss is going to be clowning. His arse I might be pounding. Dude told me that he is the coolest fedora wearing dude, and that he'd knock the next pink fedora off my dome. Hehe! Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Wow! That would be a good scrap, SP! The Cali (Humbug) Ghost versus Riverside Rocky. And we know that the Cali Ghost Dad's wacko @ss is going to be clowning. His arse I might be pounding. Dude told me that he is the coolest fedora wearing dude, and that he'd knock the next pink fedora off my dome. Hehe! Holla!
    LOL then tell him you will wash that Charlie Harper shirt of his. Or even better -- buy him a new one so he doesn't have to wear the same one for the entire fight week.

Robert you were valiant in saving your wifes life! You let out a slow leake with your ease with Litzau! Did you really deserve a fight with Floyd? I don't question your commitment! But I can poke holes through your theology! SOG! Que Lindo!

Advanced Users

Hehehe! What is next for B-Camp? Is he on the payroll of those friscoes? Haha! Holla!

Guerrero looked like he drank a 12 pack to get to WW. At 130 & 135 he was much quicker. I remember seeing an event where Broner and The Ghost bumped into each other and started talking ish. Broner said "I'll f*ck you up at 154". Lol I think Guerrero has the goods to beat Floyd III but he should def lose some weight to get his mobility back

Yep I saw broner look into the ghosts eyes and keep walking.
    He ran his mouth and realized this boy has that crazy in the eyes look ima dip out. And he sure did.
    The ghost was looking down at him.