English Español
Advertisement

Thread: floyd vs canelo showtime replay assessment

floyd vs canelo showtime replay assessment

rewatching the fight again,

i scored round one close but to floyd.

rounds two and three to canelo..

also round 8 to canelo

in round 7 canelo was gasping and worn out before a good second wind and round 8.

looking ahead canelo wins round 12 for sheer effort and floyd unicycling about..

so 8-4 dependent upon perception...

floyd was in the pocket quite a bit in this fight, im appreciative of it!!!

canelo had good success when he was adament about going to the body in a few rounds and scored well..

another thing to consider is that floyd rolls punches so well some glancing blows that should possibly score are not even counted, that is a compliment to floyd...

also canelos hair is so long and big the slightest contact had it flairing about obvious to scoring punches for floyd, cut your hair it did no favors...

in the end, floyds conditioning is remarkable...his quickness and speed is fantastic..

his legs are still good but have slowed down enough for an agile and quick pac to give him fits

Re: floyd vs canelo showtime replay assessment

A-May, I'm not saying this is what's happening to you, but I do feel that sometimes when folks watch & re-watch fights over & over, their minds can start to play tricks on them, making them doubt and second-guess themselves. I'm not saying I am opposed to a 'second look' in all cases, but in the vast majority when I have watched and scored a fight with a very serious, analytical mindset, I know what I think about it (i.e. the fight). Again, I am not putting you down at all, but I don't need to watch Mayweather/Alvarez again. I know how I view it. Similarly, after the Bradley/Pacquiao debacle there were numerous posts a lot like yours that I read on ESPN's forum (before the Facebook takeover) saying the same sort of thing -- that they had re-watched it and had seen the possibility for the judges' POV. Nope, not buying. I know what I saw in that fight too, and that was the worst decision I personally have witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    A-May, I'm not saying this is what's happening to you, but I do feel that sometimes when folks watch & re-watch fights over & over, their minds can start to play tricks on them, making them doubt and second-guess themselves. I'm not saying I am opposed to a 'second look' in all cases, but in the vast majority when I have watched and scored a fight with a very serious, analytical mindset, I know what I think about it (i.e. the fight). Again, I am not putting you down at all, but I don't need to watch Mayweather/Alvarez again. I know how I view it. Similarly, after the Bradley/Pacquiao debacle there were numerous posts a lot like yours that I read on ESPN's forum (before the Facebook takeover) saying the same sort of thing -- that they had re-watched it and had seen the possibility for the judges' POV. Nope, not buying. I know what I saw in that fight too, and that was the worst decision I personally have witnessed.
    Good point. It's almost as if you subconsciously attempt to see it from the other point of view. Usually the first instinct is the right one.

Among the scribes in press row for the Pacquiao-Bradley bout, EVERYONE except Brian Kenny saw that as a complete wipeout, even though many picked Bradley to pull off the upset before the first bell.

Later, people started coming up with different scores, looking at it with the sound off, the lights dimmed, viewing it sideways while giving Bradley every benefit of the doubt.

Second viewing can give you an unbiased view. But I also think it can allow for bias to creep in. Both has happened to me, anyway.

I always attempt a rewatch with the volume down not to be skewed by the announcers or crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I always attempt a rewatch with the volume down not to be skewed by the announcers or crowd.
    Sure, I do understand that, and people say that a lot (i.e. turning off the volume). I would just point out, though, that just as one could be unduly influenced in a negative way by the ringside commentary, one can also miss something valid that is noticed and mentioned by those who have the best view of the action. IOW, it cuts both ways. The approach that works best for me personally is to take in the fight and its accompanying reaction from others (the fighters, the corners, the commentators, the fans) and then seek to be discerning and judicious in my own personal assessment of the whole picture. When possible, one technique I do use more than most, I think, is slow motion. I must've watched parts of round 3 in Mayweather/De La Hoya half a dozen times like this before finally scoring it even!

I dont know what to tell ya, i rewatched the fight and had a very similar view when i first watched it on tv, not

live..

there were 3-4 rounds i can give canelo for controlling the round, pace and scoring more than floyd...

floyd still won handily at least 8-4...

if you cant agree canelo clearly won 2 and 8 then make sure you never attempt judging a fight as a profession...ha

Advanced Users

I'm rolling with A-Seng on this debate. When one is elitely. correctly sport's train -- in any combat, striking or a hitting one with a fist or bat, his second guessing and prejudices are less -- if they exist at all. Educated eyes cannot be bamboozled by optical illusions or excessive viewing.

That is just a view from the top. So PLEASE, nobody gets flexed -- bent out shape. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    If you can't agree Canelo clearly won 2 and 8 then make sure you never attempt judging a fight as a profession...ha!
    DGMW, I like your posts, A-May, and have no problem with you having a different opinion than mine, but regarding your above quote, I'd estimate you just eliminated probably 85-90% of boxing judges!

Advanced Users

Hehehehehe! That was COLD, Hop! But the nowadays judges suffer from sometype of blindless, and many suffer from being paid BIG from in on da fix. Holla!