English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Alvarado Is One Pound Over the Weight Limit

Mike Alvarado Is One Pound Over the Weight Limit

Mike Alvarado was one pound over and Ruslan Provodnikov made weight on Friday afternoon, ahead of their Saturday night clash in Denver, and on HBO.
    Alvarado was 141 pounds, and was given up to two hours to make 140, while the Russian Provo (22-2 with 15 KOs) was 139.8.
    They will clash at the FirstBank Center in Denver on a Top Rank card. Provo is handled by Banner Promotions.
    The Denver-born Alvarado (34-1 with 23 KOs), age 32, will be defending his WBO 140 pound crown, if he makes weight.
    The 29-year-old Provodnikov's rep is at a career high, coming off his March thriller against Tim Bradley, which he lost via narrow UD, but which picked him up oodles of new fans.
    Here is some video content from the Boxing Channel touching on this anticipated clash. Marcos Villegas chats with Provodnikov here and here is footage from the first Alvarado-Provo presser.

Advanced Users

Re: Mike Alvarado Is One Pound Over the Weight Limit

Alvarado is an idiot. Nuff said! Holla!

This is gonna be a fun one...I got Alvarado stopping the Russian in round 9 or 10.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's action in the face of fear.

I don't know if I've told anyone on here yet, but I'm going to be there! [Please note sarcasm, and tell Hop to shut his pie hole -- before you shut it for him].

Provod. anis gonna pull this one out, Hoping he wins! i'm thinking he will steamroll the drain weaken Alvarado. My boy beat the Russian and he has always wanted a re-match, My boy needs a pay day, and I think we would outbox him again....keeping my fingers crossed

Whew, that was close!

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/3...E2%80%93-139-8

BTW, what is up with Provo in that pic?! LOL

was going with Alvarado but since seeing him at the weigh in ....he didn't look good ...Ruslan on the other hand was full of energy and healthy looking

Just saw weigh in pics of Alvarado. Looks gaunt. He's getting crushed tonight.

wonder why he didnt make weight the first time? wonder if there was an injury or something in camp that resulted in coming in heavy, alvarado doesn't seem like a lazy or unfocused fighter...

i read somewhere that the russian came to colorado late and may deal with some stamina issues due to adapting to the elevation.

this is a great matchup though, I am not picking or pulling for either I like both guys

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    wonder why he didnt make weight the first time? wonder if there was an injury or something in camp that resulted in coming in heavy, alvarado doesn't seem like a lazy or unfocused fighter...

i read somewhere that the russian came to colorado late and may deal with some stamina issues due to adapting to the elevation.

this is a great matchup though, I am not picking or pulling for either I like both guys
    Amay, Alvarado is big dude, amazing how these guy's Ala Chavez Jr take all that water weight off, Alvarado can easily be fighting @ junior middleweight.