English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For you all who didn't understand what GGG did tonight

For you all who didn't understand what GGG did tonight

Make no mistake about it. GGG made a point tonight and took Stevens to deep waters and beat him up and punished him. he purposely kept him around to beat him up and make him pay for his disrespect...

Stevens smack talk and posting a picture of ggg "rip" got his *** handed to him tonight..

see talk is all good, but when you talk about killing your opponent in the ring then you get your *** handed to you.

GGG could have taken Stevens out early if he wanted, he pulled his punches and just put enough on them to keep him around.

in round 8 he started to put some steam on them and sit down a bit.

re watch round 8 and you will see how much harder he threw them.

ggg also didnt even move his head, he took some of stevens shots and didnt even try to elude them or move his head.

Stevens got his *** spanked like a spoiled smartass kid.

Re: For you all who didn't understand what GGG did tonight

#mancrush

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Make no mistake about it. GGG made a point tonight and took Stevens to deep waters and beat him up and punished him. he purposely kept him around to beat him up and make him pay for his disrespect...

Stevens smack talk and posting a picture of ggg "rip" got his *** handed to him tonight..

see talk is all good, but when you talk about killing your opponent in the ring then you get your *** handed to you.

GGG could have taken Stevens out early if he wanted, he pulled his punches and just put enough on them to keep him around.

in round 8 he started to put some steam on them and sit down a bit.

re watch round 8 and you will see how much harder he threw them.

ggg also didnt even move his head, he took some of stevens shots and didnt even try to elude them or move his head.

Stevens got his *** spanked like a spoiled smartass kid.
    I see it totally the opposite. GGG got exposed tonight. I give him credit, he is the best middleweight in the world, but should steer clear of 168 or 175. Just eight pounds north of 160, a boxing clinic awaits him a la Andre Ward. Curtis Stevens doesn't have the fastest hands in the world and he touched GGG often. GGG has a great chin and power, but has flaws that can be taken advantage of, which is something that Ward specializes in. Not impressed at all, Curtis Stevens is a B level fighter. If GGG fights and beats Ward, I'm sold! Sergio is too old and is damaged goods and Kid Chocolate would get knocked out because of his sub par defense. Move up in weight GGG!

exposed in what fashion?
    ggg threw 100 punches a round, with that output you are opened up all day to get hit and still stevens was in a turtle shell ninety percent of the time.

ggg didnt even move his head he just ate those shots to take stevens soul.

please explain where he was exposed?

so you are saying Ward, the number two lb for lb fighter in the world beats ggg, but only him and a weight class above where ggg fights and that he is now exposed and unimpressive.

so srd you are not impressed by a guy that only the top two lbforlb fighters could beat?

I disagree Amayseng, if GGG could have got Stevens out of there in the 2nd round after the knockdown he would have been very happy to do so. I'd like to see GGG move up and fight Froch. If he could manhandle a real pro and tough guy like Froch I'd be impressed. I know you don't like Froch but at this stage he would be a good measuring stick for walk on water Golovkin.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I disagree Amayseng, if GGG could have got Stevens out of there in the 2nd round after the knockdown he would have been very happy to do so.
    You better believe it. You don't fock around at this level. He was trying his best to get Stevens out of there. And he wasn't liking those counters. But Triple G is pretty fast, pretty fluid and very heavy-handed.

I can't believe Stevens used to be a 175. He looked like a junior middleweight in there.

I'm astounded by the idiocy at times.

I think you're all on to something. When GGG had him down, the killer in him said 'go' and he went for the finish. When the moment vaned, he set to patiently and methodically breaking Stevens down - and obviously had no hurry in doing so. GGG did get hit at times, but note: he regularly placed himself in the punching zone, and for the most part had no trouble avoiding Stevens punches, with his forearms, subtle head movement, twisting/torquing the upper body and/or small steps to change the angle/position. Most of Stevens shots, after all, missed, and some widely - speed or no speed. And yet again, he unleashed huge power without even putting maximum mass or movement behind his shots. Impressive.

GGG was in with a fellow with power and while being cautious and taking his time he looked completely calm and comfortable. He got inside, put mental pressure on Stevens and got away with it with ease, then cracked some hooks and uppercut to body and head, before continuing stalking and walking him down.

Alot of talk about Stevens gameness. Well, for the most part, the man took shelter behind his hands in a corner, occasionelly panicking out with bursts of hard shots. That's how I see it. As of now, and for some time, Gennady Golovkin is the best middleweight in the world. We have to take other divisions into consideration to even come up with a name or two that maybe, just maybe, can pose a threat. That's a testament to his standing in todays boxing. The Man we have waited for - the man who, even if not just yet, will attract casual fans, mainstream media and big money to the sport - has arrived as Pacquiaos and Mayweathers eras come to an end. No mancrushing, just observing.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I disagree Amayseng, if GGG could have got Stevens out of there in the 2nd round after the knockdown he would have been very happy to do so. I'd like to see GGG move up and fight Froch. If he could manhandle a real pro and tough guy like Froch I'd be impressed. I know you don't like Froch but at this stage he would be a good measuring stick for walk on water Golovkin.
    You are correct Froch is a tough sob and a good measuring stick. Fochs mouth irritates me but he is a solid fighter, skills and foot speed lacking.
    After Stevens went down in the second round ggg was extra patient and didn't even try to go for the kill right after. Ggg kept him around to punish him.
    I have said for months Ward is the only guy I see around his weight class to possibly beat ggg. That is a pick em fight. Sergio that fought Chavez jr possibly as well although he is unfortunately breaking down and his style relies on movement and agility.

I'd like to see ggg unify the titles before moving up to face Ward. It's not necessary right now he still has some interesting fights.