English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao-Rios. Broner-Maidana. Etc. Official Predictions from The Universe -- Let's keep score!

Pacquiao-Rios. Broner-Maidana. Etc. Official Predictions from The Universe -- Let's keep score!

Hey all.

Are you all up for a prediction game? You guys just leave it here and I'll keep score or we can track scores together.

I propose a simple score system:

Correctly predicting a winner gives 1 point. Picking the winner and the manner of the victory 3 points. Picking the round is an extra 3 points.

Aside from points system, we also keep a standard prediction record. 3-1, 5-0, etc. By the end of the year, we'll have a winner.

With every fight, each poster writes brief prediction including who, how and when.

Here are the biggest remaining fights in 2013. (Feel free to add more if I missed any.)

Donaire-Vic

Pac-Rios

Ward-Edwin

Shane Mosley-Mundine.

Stevenson-Bellew

Rigo-Agbeko

Devon-Porter

Judah-Malignaggi. "Turf War!"

Trout-Lara. "Southpaw Science."

Bika-Dirrell. Tagline: For Whom the Bell Tolls

Maidana-Broner "Protect Yourself At All Times!"

One Time Thurman-Soto Karass "Will Jesus weep?"

Let's go!
    Last edited by The Shadow; 11-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Re: Pacquiao-Rios. Broner-Maidana. Etc. Official Predictions from The Universe -- Let's keep score!

Love the idea. I'll even throw in a piece of boxing memorabilia to the winner (under one condition: you've got to have more than 100 posts). Will chim in later with predictions.

Re: Pacquiao-Rios. Broner-Maidana. Etc. Official Predictions from The Universe -- Let's keep score!

Awesome, SP!!

Join in fellas!

No need to do all at once. It's probably better to do them as the fights come up.

With that said, I'll go out on a limb with the first ones:

- Pac by TKO10

- Ward via TKO10

- Mosley by SD

- Stevenson UD

- Rigo by UD

- Devon by UD

- Judah by MD

- Trout by UD in a foul-filled affair

- Dirrell UD

- Broner UD

- Thurman by TKO7. Jesus will weep.

I'm with it. I'll put my picks in later ..one fight at a time. The sweet science of predicting fights cant be rushed.

I am (for now) pretty much with you Shadow.

Pac, Ward and Rigo should win in my view too.

Not sure about Dirrell though. I don't know too much about Anthony and he may even be more skilled than Bika (not hard) but Bika's style and toughness can upset a lot of people. He really roughed up both Calzaghe and Ward, and whilst both guys beat Bika it was by no means easy and I think they both underestimated Bika.

Broner should beat Maidaina too, but I wont be surprised to see Paulie beat Judah.

That's it for now.

Wow...Several of these are really easy to choose(Ward Rigor Paq) but there's nothing harder to pick than guys who are past their prime and have up and down records....I mean how do you judge between Judah and Paulie... Or Mundane and Mosley, its like picking the winners in a horse race where all the horses are close to the same class. And on on any given day, One horse may want the carrot more than the other...or one guy may wake up feeling like he has more to live for?.

Some of these fights are like picking the lottery... But thats what makes it fun so count me in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaul View Post
    I'm with it. I'll put my picks in later ..one fight at a time. The sweet science of predicting fights cant be rushed.
    LOL you're ever so right, SouthPaul! Excellently put.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Wow...Several of these are really easy to choose(Ward Rigor Paq) but there's nothing harder to pick than guys who are past their prime and have up and down records....I mean how do you judge between Judah and Paulie... Or Mundane and Mosley, its like picking the winners in a horse race where all the horses are close to the same class. And on on any given day, One horse may want the carrot more than the other...or one guy may wake up feeling like he has more to live for?.

Some of these fights are like picking the lottery... But thats what makes it fun so count me in!!!!
    YES! The great Sugarman is on board!

Great points. Who really knows in some of those fights? But that's what makes it fun.

Shadow, I really like this idea and its creativity & effort. Thanks! I've been meaning to give it some attention but have been busy. I'll try to get to it, though. Don't give up on me.