English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors Abound: Pacquiao-Bradley II Is Set

Rumors Abound: Pacquiao-Bradley II Is Set

Their first fight was mega controversial, with the majority of watchers coming away believing that Manny Pacquiao had beaten Timothy Bradley. But the judges, two out of three, said different. Duane Ford and the egregiously flawed CJ Ross gave Bradley, a California-based boxer who used movement and volume to impress the arbiters, the victory on June 9, 2012 in Las Vegas. Pacquiao, it looks like, will get a chance to scrub that stain, and show fight fans and Bradley that the loss was an aberration, a mistake of monumental proportions, as the Congressman has chosen Bradley as his next foe, in a rematch to be held April 12 in Las Vegas.
    So says the rumor mill, though official word hasn't come from Team Pacquiao or Pacman's promoter, Top Rank.
    I reached out to a publicist who does work for Top Rank in the late AM, and that person said that bout wasn't set to his/her knowledge. Pacquiao advisor Michael Koncz, via text, said the bout wasn't official, either. "Cannot confirm that yet," he said. But word has leaked out, and tellingly, I'd say, the lack of a refutation from Top Rank or Team Pacquiao is telling.
    Bradley's star has grown brighter since that first Pacquiao tangle, as he got a W over rumbler Ruslan Provodnikov last March, and followed that with a masterful effort against Juan Manuel Marquez last October, handling him with relative ease comparing to how Pacquiao has dealt with the Mexican counter-puncher.
    Bradley is now 31-0, with 12 KOs, and there will be a solid minority of fightwatchers who will tab him the favorite against Pacman, with their reasoning being that at 30, he's a bit fresher than the 54-3-2 Pacman, who turned 35 on Dec. 17. Then again, Manny worked all the angles and his hand speed and stamina looked spot on in his last effort, a wide UD12 over Brandon Rios in Macau on Nov. 23.
    Readers, your thoughts please. Do you like the choice of Bradley over Pacman pal Provodnikov, if indeed rumor turns to fact? Is Manny the odds on favorite here or are you picking Bradley? Weigh in!

Re: Rumors Abound: Pacquiao-Bradley II Is Set

I have no interest to see this again, Pac beat him ten to two in rounds if not more the first fight. He lost one for just taking it off, not being out boxed, just out worked. Bradley felt the power and then burned his feet up on the retreat the entire fight. The cold war sure is ruining many compelling matchups.

Should be an interesting fight, Bradley looked good in his last fight

Bradley had more success against Paq than anyone except Marquez. And Bradley outboxed Marquez...not as effortlessly as Mayweather but he outboxed the Manny Mangler just the same in a clear victory.....and Marquez outboxed Paq in at least 3 of their fights.... Many people don't like the ABC TRIANGLE THEORY but I think its appropriate here.....I expect an even more competitive bout this time. and I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset if Paq gets caught slippin' again.

Advanced Users

Bradley beat a 40-year-old Hulkquez zombie, not a mad-skilled Marquez, who got his arse whipped three times by Da Manny -- officially twice and a gift draw. And if the match is made between Da Manny and the Big Foot/Cali Cranium Crusher, been-given-too-many-gift decisions Bradley, Bradley is getting KTFO.

His luck has run out. And the evils that be are finished using him as a T baby. It is pathetic what evil people have done to this two-losses, undefeated ¢o©ky clown. Holla!

I wonder what Bradley is getting PAID? There were stories about him holding out for 8 mill.
    Top Rank was screwed if they paid it. But where else are they gonna find a compelling challenger. All the good welters are on Showtime.

Pac vs Alvarado would have been a more exciting matchup. Yes Mike is a bit beat up, but with time off he could come back strong and has a fighters heart. He is an exciting fighter. Would Pac beat him to a pulp? yes, but at least it would be exciting. Bradley will be running again all night.

Advanced Users

Big Foot is getting paid above his worth, but not $8mil. But he's such a ¢o©ky, big liar and delusional that he will tell that lie to haters and his groupies, fanfaronades and _____ ____!

Many fighters -- getting low purses -- will inflate them because of know-nothing fans' and hang arounds' myth. For instant, Don King would give Larry Holmes a purse of $350, 000, The "Easton Assassin" would LIE and claim that he got $2mil.

Tim Witherspoon was one of the only fighter who would rat DK out. DK would promote that TW was getting $650,000, but would give him $90,000. TW would sing like a lark.

"Imma send somebody to kick your @$$," DK would bark. But when two or three goons would come to fudge TW up, he would knockout all those bytches.

As some know, in the end, TW beat DK in lawsuits to get some of his contracted money from DK.

BTW, Bradley is one of the worse fighters to lose at least 10 round to Da Manny. But as time goes by, haters lie. Eric Corrales was the only fighter to ever outbox Da Manny. Marquez lost three times. And Hulkquez was getting madly out boxed until his stepped on Da Manny's toe, tripped him up, and kayoed him with a lotto punch. Holla!

I'd rather see Ram Bradley vs Provodnikov rematch and Pac take on, gee I don't know, Floyd Mayweather?

Administrator

Radam, you're on an island if you think Manny won his first encounter with JMM. And if I didn't secretly think there is an outside shot that if you are not indeed Manny, you are actually closer to him than you let on.

You should know better. Score the three knockdowns and the round for Manny, put it on the shelf, and move on. It then became the JMM Show, Starring: Juan Manuel Marquez. Co-Starring: PacMan. Guest Appearance by: Joe Cortez

I know you were once nice enough to point out the additional rounds that Manny won, but they didn't allign with what happened in the ring.

The rest of this does not apply to Radam.

Me at just about any fight immediately after a knockdown:

Guy next to me: Wow! You see that shot?!?
    D da V: Yes, I'm sitting here next to you. Hard for me not to.
    GNXT2Me: He's out on his feet! They should stop it.
    D da V: Actually, it was a flash knockdown, and...
    GN2M: Ohh My Goddd, another big shot! What's holding him up?
    D da V: Umm, his legs?
    GN2Me: This referee is going to get this guy killed!
    D da V: Actually this referee happens to be Pat Russell, who just happens to be the finest referee in the worl...
    GN2Me: Another big shot! Oh... My... God... !!!
    D da V: Easy fella, you're lookin a little queasy. It's OK, it's OK, he's rolling with the punch.
    GN2Me: Ohh No! His mouth is full of blood!!! Stop this! Stop this!!!
    D da V: Shhh. You're making a spectacle of yourself. He has a red mouthpiece.
    GN2Me: I CANNOT stand here and witness a murder! They are correct! This sport is barbaric and it should be banned!

Dinnnnnnngggggggggg!

D da V (turning to friend sitting to the right of him): I scored it 9-9, whatchu have?
    Last edited by dino da vinci; 01-22-2014 at 12:22 PM.