English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAN YOU SAY REMATCH? Floyd Beats Maidana In Solid Tussle

CAN YOU SAY REMATCH? Floyd Beats Maidana In Solid Tussle

Bless his soul, his big heart and his semi crude but ample skills and smart strategy. Marcos Maidana did better than 98% of the planet thought he would at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 3, 2014 against TBE, Floyd Mayweather.
    After 12 rugged rounds, featuring much wrassling and grappling, we went to the cards, with the collective breath of the building bated: we heard Moretti 116112, Clements had it 117-111 and Pernick had it114-114, majority decision, for Floyd Mayweather, still undefeated, but maybe having shown that age has touched him a bit.
    After, while boos and jeers rained down from the Argentines, Floyd told Jim Gray that it was a tough rumble but he wanted to give the fans what they wanted. And a rematch? If the fans want it, they'll do it. To Gray, Maidana said he thought he won the fight, and that Floyd didn't fight like a man. MM said he thought the majority of the rounds, and he wants a rematch.
    Maidana was 146 1/2 pounds, and Floyd was 146. In the first, Floyd had to rumble, in the funnest Floyd round in forever. MM's went behind the head a dozen times and Floyd had to battle.
    In the second, the left hook and right hand got cooking. Was it one and done, one good round and that would be it for MM? Jabs to the body kept MM honest.
    In the third, Floyd blunted MM, held him when he had to. MM got warned for an infraction, then Floyd got back to work. Slip, duck, grab, punch, Floyd did what he wanted. The sniper-right was there for Floyd, as was everything.
    In the fourth, Floyd had a cut on his right eye. This round was a rumble, with MM trying to get him to the ropes and score a haymaker, behind the head would be fine with him. Floyd held, MM butted, it was Uglyville in there.In the fifth, Chino worked harder. Floyd gave it to him, actually. They worked on the cut on Floyd in between rounds.
    In the sixth, left hooks and sniper rights from Floyd were hurtful. He was on the offensive and damned effective.In the seventh, Floyd was master of the domain, the whole time. Jab to the body, then the right...hooks in tight...and tying up on the ropes to buy time. All Floyd.
    In the eighth, it was a tight round. A left hook by MM went low and Floyd cringed.
    In the ninth, Floyd got back in charge more. A right to the bread basket took some breathe away.
    In the tenth, MM pressed, kept Floyd working to keep from getting hit. Did Floyd steal the round with a sharp right at the end?
    In the 11th, MM was in Floyd's face, having him on the ropes, making him wrestle, if not slip punches. They both almost tumbled out of the ring and Floyd was maybe feeling 37.
    In the 12th, Floyd was off the ropes more so he did better. Fittingly, they grappled to end the scrap. We went to the cards...
    WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ON BOXINGCHANNEL.TV

Advanced Users

Re: CAN YOU SAY REMATCH? Floyd Beats Maidana In Solid Tussle

Wow! Lil' Floyd was definitely exposed. I scored it for him 116 to 115. But dude had no speed or sharpness. It is gone. It is grand for him that he left the dance with Da Manny alone. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-06-2014 at 01:45 AM.

The fight between Marcos Maidana and Lucky Floyd Mayweather has become the most disgraceful "Moment" in the entire history of Boxing. The biggest upset of the decade was denied to the world due to the greed and self interest that has plagued the sport. The fight was a solid 8-4 in favor of Maidana and the only thing that stood out from Floyd was his clinching for dear life. Floyd should be ashamed of himself for accepting this robbery of a decision which will only add more criticism to his legacy. I am ashamed not at the sport but for my continuous support to the obvious thievery that has become the norm. Marcos the Bee-Hive Maidana clearly won the fight with his unrelenting assault but was held to often by the clinching of the so called champ who only resembled a frantic person being attacked by a bunch of killer bees. Ladies and Gentleman take a good close look at what Boxing has become, nothing but bullshit. Marcos keep your head up for the entire world knows that Floyd loss his 46th fight. Fans of boxing are being ridiculed by the entire sport community as they keep calling us suckers for cheering and buying " fixed " PPV seats. The appreciation and support of us fans to the sport of boxing has been recognized by the Boxing Politics with a slap to our face.
    by El Dude.

Great fight and certainly exceeded expectations. I had it even at 114-114. Frankly, it could have gone either way.

Maidana did clearly get Floyd's respect early. And that's what we all said he had to do to be remotely competitive. I thought Maidana's aggressive mauling style befuddled Floyd in the first half of the fight. In the 2nd half of the fight, Floyd kept the fight in the middle more often and had success at a range with Maidana. Maidana still had his moments though where Floyd went against the ropes but Floyd also fought better in the 2nd half of the fight off the ropes than in the 1st half.

As a fan, I want to see it again.
    Last edited by oubobcat; 05-04-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Of course Chicken Floyd would rather agree for a rematch as he already knew he can still win it - maybe by his usual bicycling next time - than move on and fight what is clearly better than anybody he's faced which is the Pacman.
    Now, with all those performance we've seen so far from Chicken Floyd, to all those who were saying Chicken Floyd will Murder Manny - if it ever happens - do they really believe Chicken Floyd can do so? When did we see Chicken Floyd clearly punished opponent again? He's just like doing somewhat like a million-dolloar sparring in a gym!

This was an insane fight. Marcos Maidana proved everyone wrong who dissed him: Bob Arum, Floyd Sr., a disrespectful Jim Lampley, everybody.

Radam, Floyd is as fleet and quick as ever.

Credit that to Maidana's crude attack mixed with considerable boxing skill. Dude was even shoulder rolling in there! Defensively responsible at all times and the best inside defense I've ever seen vs. Floyd.

What a lot of people don't understand is Floyd has an almost unstoppable inside offense right out of Larry Holmes' book, yet he defended well against it.

He even jabbed with Floyd. He hurt him BADLY in the first round and I saw Mayweather hurt on more occasions than ever before, though he disguised it well.

I've also NEVER, EVER seen Floyd cut or complain throughout a fight. Nor have I ever seen Floyd flustered like he was from cut.

This is how you fight Mayweather. With the mentality of a suicide bomber and you don't let him establish his AAA pattern. Mayweather truly had to fight outside his comfort zone, a revelation made when he turned southpaw.

Credit this to his coach! Robert Garcia is the TRUTH. He took a crude Maidana, who was world class on that alone, and added layers of boxing skill and in-ring intelligence.

Maidana is now in line for paydays vs. Mayweather, Shawn Porter and later Adrien Broner and Devon Alexander.

OMG Porter! Can you imagine that? What a fire fight! I think he smokes Alexander next time around with shocking ease.

I was mighty impressed with Maidana's skill, filth and resolve. I was a little too impressed with his super human stamina and punch resistance, honestly. A little too impressed...

I was also impressed with Mayweather's ability to take a punch, his resolve and discipline. Again, he had to step outside his comfort zone to dig this one out. He's a true champion.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, El Dude, you're buggin', dude. This could've been a draw. I didn't see 9-3 or 8-4. I saw 7-5 or even a draw.

But an easy 8-4 Maidana? Nah.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 05-04-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky Heimer View Post
    Of course Chicken Floyd would rather agree for a rematch as he already knew he can still win it - maybe by his usual bicycling next time - than move on and fight what is clearly better than anybody he's faced which is the Pacman.
    Now, with all those performance we've seen so far from Chicken Floyd, to all those who were saying Chicken Floyd will Murder Manny - if it ever happens - do they really believe Chicken Floyd can do so? When did we see Chicken Floyd clearly punished opponent again? He's just like doing somewhat like a million-dolloar sparring in a gym!
    You sure you're in the right place?

That was a good fight, damn I had a feeling that Chino was going to prove the haters wrong, he ain't no one trick pony. And if he can make a few suttle adjustments he can be victorious next time.

Shadow, you are spot on

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    This was an insane fight. Marcos Maidana proved everyone wrong who dissed him: Bob Arum, Floyd Sr., a disrespectful Jim Lampley, everybody.

Radam, Floyd is as fleet and quick as ever.

Credit that to Maidana's crude attack mixed with considerable boxing skill. Dude was even shoulder rolling in there! Defensively responsible at all times and the best inside defense I've ever seen vs. Floyd.

What a lot of people don't understand is Floyd has an almost unstoppable inside offense right out of Larry Holmes' book, yet he defended well against it.

He even jabbed with Floyd. He hurt him BADLY in the first round and I saw Mayweather hurt on more occasions than ever before, though he disguised it well.

I've also NEVER, EVER seen Floyd cut or complain throughout a fight. Nor have I ever seen Floyd flustered like he was from cut.

This is how you fight Mayweather. With the mentality of a suicide bomber and you don't let him establish his AAA pattern. Mayweather truly had to fight outside his comfort zone, a revelation made when he turned southpaw.

Credit this to his coach! Robert Garcia is the TRUTH. He took a crude Maidana, who was world class on that alone, and added layers of boxing skill and in-ring intelligence.

Maidana is now in line for paydays vs. Mayweather, Shawn Porter and later Adrien Broner and Devon Alexander.

OMG Porter! Can you imagine that? What a fire fight! I think he smokes Alexander next time around with shocking ease.

I was mighty impressed with Maidana's skill, filth and resolve. I was a little too impressed with his super human stamina and punch resistance, honestly. A little too impressed...

I was also impressed with Mayweather's ability to take a punch, his resolve and discipline. Again, he had to step outside his comfort zone to dig this one out. He's a true champion.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, El Dude, you're buggin', dude. This could've been a draw. I didn't see 9-3 or 8-4. I saw 7-5 or even a draw.

But an easy 8-4 Maidana? Nah.
    Floyd has never been "fleet and quick." He has always been stealth, shifty and with great timing.

As I have always said, an unscared-of-him southpaw or shift puncher would throw him off. The truth about Money May is protected by a bodyguard of BIG lies. [By the way, I predicted a draw.]

The talking heads need a fact checker. They were spitting fib after fib. "Lil Floyd" was cut in his second bout by southpaw Reggies Sanders. Holla at the book symbol on Boxrec of Mayweather-Sanders.

And Money May was cut on the lip and chin by "Vicious(less)" Vic Ortiz With a headbutt. So the Money One has "tasted his own blood" a couple of times.

These Showtime talking heads are good at putting it on, and making Money May look like he can walk on water. This is why he left HBO, because the talking head there would challenge his game. And holla when he was lame. Or when a B-side pug would put him to shame.

So many fans, fanfaronades and fanboys act as if they are blind, deaf and dumb to the bulljive of Money May, TMT, GBP and Showtime. But they are in a super rush to attack HBO, TR, Da Manny and da Bobfather.

Rainy days are coming for the Showtime's optical illusions, outright lies, cooking books and double jive. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-04-2014 at 07:15 AM.