English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Did Adrien Broner Cross The Line?

Did Adrien Broner Cross The Line?

Some people were highly critical of Adrien Broner's post-fight comments.

Did Broner cross the line? If so, how so?

Didn't hear it do would love to hear your thoughts.

El Dude

Re: Did Adrien Broner Cross The Line?

It was uncalled-for, for Broner to disrespect his opponent but in all fairness we are talking about Adrien "The Problem" Broner. Molina was the underdog and lost fair and square but he did manage to expose Broner's Problem's in the ring. I said it before and I'll say it again, Adrien Broner is not cut out for the shoulder roll technique. AB sells, no doubt about that but Boxing is a business so I'll let this one slide. I am old-school in heart and I expect the Gentlemen traditions of Boxing to continue to live strong.
    by El Dude.

Advanced Users

No he didn't cross the line. He was just showboating and cussing and acting pompously invincible like the angery "Iron" Mike Tyson from back in the days.

Broner has a co-dependent personality. He has jumped from his Money May mannerism to an angery, young, immature "I"MT/WWE wrestler.

I'm beginning to doubt that Broner is putting on a show. He appears clearly schizophrenia and bipolar. Just as three fighters that I know. One is demised. One is on the verge of getting outta of a Nevada pen. And one is deservingly in a Cali pen for a long stretch. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-05-2014 at 08:42 AM.

I strongly feel Broner crossed the line this time. In my opinion, his post fight comments were derogatory and those comments he made were very self serving. He did that to strictly bring attention to himself and get keep talking about him. And to do so, he decided to make some derogatory statements to get people talking (I am sure he had scripted this before he entered the arena that night). The act has gotten really old really quick.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I strongly feel Broner crossed the line this time. In my opinion, his post fight comments were derogatory and those comments he made were very self serving. He did that to strictly bring attention to himself and get keep talking about him. And to do so, he decided to make some derogatory statements to get people talking (I am sure he had scripted this before he entered the arena that night). The act has gotten really old really quick.
    I've seen and heard boxers say much worse about Don King on HBO and PPV interviews. People are piling on the immature, idiotic Broner. Go and holla at some of the television interviews of "Iron" Mike, and even Cris "The Cali Crusher" Arreola. And you get the same jive. If not worst. Holla!

Imho no, but his attitude and delivery really make it seem like he did. I do too think he's got something wrong up in his cabeza, his reality is not of this dimension.

Regardless he's a pr*ck. Let him fight Manny and get thrashed, it would be a perfect way to end the cold war.

Of course Potty-Mouth Broner went over the line. Every time he opens his sewer mouth he goes over the line. I'd like to see a player from the NBA, MLB, NHL or NFL utter the same words on camera during an interview. The league would be down on them so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.

My grandkids are at the age where they are watching as much sports as they can and as much as their parents will allow. Do I really want them hearing Broner's remarks? Here's where I wish boxing had a National Commission, so it could drop a hefty fine and/or a suspension on Potty-Mouth.

Will he ever grow up? Perhaps. But it most likely will not be for a long time. Even his buddy Floyd Mayweather Jr.has spoken to him about reigning in his reemarks...about not putting his mouth into gear before engaging his pea brain.

Potty-Mouth says he would like to fight Manny Pacquiao.

We can only hope his wish is granted.

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Of course Potty-Mouth Broner went over the line. Every time he opens his sewer mouth he goes over the line. I'd like to see a player from the NBA, MLB, NHL or NFL utter the same words on camera during an interview. The league would be down on them so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.

My grandkids are at the age where they are watching as much sports as they can and as much as their parents will allow. Do I really want them hearing Broner's remarks? Here's where I wish boxing had a National Commission, so it could drop a hefty fine and/or a suspension on Potty-Mouth.

Will he ever grow up? Perhaps. But it most likely will not be for a long time. Even his buddy Floyd Mayweather Jr.has spoken to him about reigning in his reemarks...about not putting his mouth into gear before engaging his pea brain.

Potty-Mouth says he would like to fight Manny Pacquiao.

We can only hope his wish is granted.

-Randy G.
    Couldn't agree more Commish, he spits trash. It's a shame there is no governing body to correct him.