English Español
Advertisement

Thread: 80% of boxing media score for Brook over Porter

80% of boxing media score for Brook over Porter

The high number surprised me although as the you will see on the article the ave score was close. I scored it 114-114.

The 117-111 score i feel is far too wide.

so how did you all score the fight?

here is the article with all the scores...... http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/nine...st-kell-brook/

Re: 80% of boxing media score for Brook over Porter

I fell asleep after the 8th rd. I had Brook up by a point or two at time of my stoppage. That Bika vs Dirrell fight set the stage for my early stoppage. My wife tried to throw in the towel to save me from further punishment but I stopped her and kept trying to watch. I woke up on the couch at some point in the middle of the night,I was a little foggy after this card.

Advanced Users

Eighty percent of the media was fair. Holla!

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    I fell asleep after the 8th rd. I had Brook up by a point or two at time of my stoppage. That Bika vs Dirrell fight set the stage for my early stoppage. My wife tried to throw in the towel to save me from further punishment but I stopped her and kept trying to watch. I woke up on the couch at some point in the middle of the night,I was a little foggy after this card.
    Hehehehe! You got jokes. Listen to wifey. The wives are usually right. You know we pug guys are some hardheaded bobbing and weaving, dipping and dodging, sticking and moving, slipping and sliding and riding and rolling fools. Holla!

Its good to know that most of the people who write about boxing ....actually understand the sport.

Brook did a marvelous job finessing a victory from an accomplished fighter who tried to skew the results by utilizing the same ugly messy style that Tim Bradley and Marcos Maidana frequently used in the past against stiff opposition.

Porter's grappling, rabbit punching and head first torpedoeing tactics can easily distract from the deft, pivot,... fire and hold technique used by a practitioner of the sweet science.

Instead of punching at a decent range Porter threw his entire body at Brook in an effort that was more "busy" than effective... But it wasn't boxing and it would have detracted from the entertainment value of the fight completely if it weren't for the calm ...composed and well placed volleys of Kell Brook.

I've enjoyed watching Brook for the last three or four years but took him off my favorites list after his life and death struggle with the mediocre Carson Jones.

Against Porter, Brook proved he's still one of the top welters in the world today and his talent is only rivaled by the best in the division. I honestly think Brook would give Floyd a better fight than Maidana.

I had it 115-113 for Porter but this is a close fight that could go either way. I just personally felt that Porter was fighting as the challenger and initiated most of the attacks in this fight therefore offering Brook opportunities to counter and look good in his own right. It's hard to argue with anyone that scored it a draw or for either fighter in a close fight like this. The wide scores definitely baffle me because this fight was clearly close and rather difficult to score at times.

I thought Porter was going to blow through Brook in the later rounds, but I was wrong. After watching some footage of the fight it was clear that Porter's bull like style was ineffective and he was doing himself a disfavor with his sloppy offense. Brook kept it simple with basic combinations and tied up the wild Porter. Time to see him against the other top welters!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    I thought Porter was going to blow through Brook in the later rounds, but I was wrong. After watching some footage of the fight it was clear that Porter's bull like style was ineffective and he was doing himself a disfavor with his sloppy offense. Brook kept it simple with basic combinations and tied up the wild Porter. Time to see him against the other top welters!

Hey, CC...Are you still in the NY area?

I thought Porter would win. My head said so, and so did my heart.

But as the fight wore on, I glanced at my scorecard and saw that I had Brook by a slight margin. I likened the fight to a welterweight version of Ali-Frazier II, where Smokin' Joe came bulling in, would get tagged with a one-two, then wrapped up by Ali. Then they'd start over again.

Porter had no clue what to do with the one-two-clinch, one-two-clinch. This wasn't Paulie Malignaggi in there, a gifted boxer minus the raw strength and power. Brook showed us much more than most of us ever thought he possessed.

Porter will be back, but I am wondering if he will be able to tell his dad "Pops, I love you, but I need to bring on another trainer."

If he can do that, and brings on the right person, he may be able to come ALL the way back. If he can't, his first trip to the mountain peak may have been his last.

-Randy G.