English Español
Advertisement

Thread: I say Broner isnt even at the level of naseem hamed yet

deepwater

I say Broner isnt even at the level of naseem hamed yet

not even close. remember the lil muslim guy from england that was knocking everyone out with one punch bombs. he had his hands down at his waist and talked alot of junk about how he is greatest of all time.he got under opponants skin just like broner. does broner have the power of hamed? I dont think so. he has the same speed I would say. before barerra whooped hamed he was 35-0 with 31 kos. he got the scalps of manuel medina,tom johnson,badillo,vasquez,mccullah,kevin kelly,auggie sanchez,bungo and soto. broner has to add some scalps to his record to be even close with hamed. and remember hamed knocked alot of these dudes out with one punch. I watched hamed to see someone shut him up and barrera did a great job roughing him up and giving him a lesson. I say broner can be = to or better then hamed if he keeps adding scalps but he is at least 2 years away from being a great because hamed is no great and no one even remembers him.

Re: I say Broner isnt even at the level of naseem hamed yet

I agree with everything u said Naseem vs Kelley was one of the best 4 round fight ever. I remember him damn near killing Augie Sanchez, Hamed was entertaining inside and out side the ring. Broner has a chance but I think it won't happen until he moves up to 140 which like will be in about 2years.

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    I agree with everything u said Naseem vs Kelley was one of the best 4 round fight ever. I remember him damn near killing Augie Sanchez, Hamed was entertaining inside and out side the ring. Broner has a chance but I think it won't happen until he moves up to 140 which like will be in about 2years.
    yup broner can do it but he has along way to go.

Hamed was must see TV,.. entering the ring on elephants, laughing clowning and throwing off balance bombs... but he was always fundamentally unsound. Barerra showed how sound boxing technique will beat even the best showboat.....and once is aura of invincibility was broken.. he was done. at least he didn't become a gatekeeper. Thanks for the memories.. Broner has much yet to prove... but his technique is sound.

He was definitely entertaining... His ring entrance on the flying carpet was one of the more elaborate entrances I've ever seen (I recall someone in the crowd throwing a drink up at 'em, lmao!) . But yea, he also lacked technique (at times threw his punches as wild as Mayorga) but it was his bread and butter. If it works, go with it, even it looks ugly. I believe he also had one fight after the Barrera schooling. He also spent time in prison for wreck-less driving causing major injuries to the other driver of the vehicle. He's also one of the all time highest paid boxers (big accomplishment for a little guy- once upon time it was only heavyweights pulling in that sorta chedda'). Lil' smack talking sucka' made an enormous amount of loot. Being hated on is a lucrative business (HAmed was very hated on during the entire course of his boxing career) Broner knows it, he'll perfect the agitation game like HAmed and he'll rake in the big bucks like the little feller from England. Anyhow, skill wise, I too believe Broner to be more advanced.

And, HAmed ain't all that forgotten. We are discussing him and he was a huge name overseas. Again, he's one of the highest paid fighters of all time (very impressive when you consider its usually feast or famine in this tough business) .That ain't a matter of opinion, either, pretty much fact.

I'd say he made a solid mark on the sport in one shape, form, or fashion..
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 11-21-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Advanced Users

Ditto, SouthPaul. It is like the GOAT Ali use to spit. "No matter if a butt in a seat comes to see me win or get beat -- dey pay and I have food to eat."

"...with speed and dash, bring those fight fans running with cash. Most of those fans come to see me get lash, but to my opponents, I keep sending their butts for a crash.... Holla!