English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Guerrero Says He Can Take Out Pacquiao or Marquez

Guerrero Says He Can Take Out Pacquiao or Marquez

RingTV.com photographer NaokiFukuda

November 27, 2012 - In a battle that had Super Bowl like stakes on the line, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KOs) thoroughly dominated former two-time welterweight world champion Andre Berto (28-2, 22 KOs), over twelve grinding back and forth action-packed rounds, dropping him twice in the process. Theslug-festhas many commentators, fans and media, considering this war to be "Fight of the year".
    Guerrero, a four-time world champion over six weight classes, is the only Mexican-American fighter, other than future Hall of Famer and promoter Oscar De La Hoya, to win as many titles in as many weight classes.
    After once campaigning at the Junior featherweight (122 pounds) weight class, "The Ghost" has now triumphed over six weight divisions, being the only active fighter other than Manny Pacquiao to compete and win in as many divisions.
    "My number one goal is to give the fans the fights they deserve and use my platform as a prizefighter to help save lives by directing them to BeTheMatch.org which allows people to become bone marrow donors." said Guerrero
    It's time for fresh faces with an old school mentality to rise up and Robert has proved to pack fifteen grueling rounds into twelve-round fights,bringing back the memories of boxing's best throwback champions.
    When asked what pushes him to win fights with a blood and guts approach, Guerrero simply answered, "My faith in my Lord and savior Jesus Christ and my Family. My favorite verse is ACTS 2:38."
    Many pundits are salivating at theprospect of a Guerrero vs. Pacquiao showdown, which would be an all out offensive battle. Both fighters are rugged, present an aggressive come forward style, and the fans, media, and those watching around the world, would be anticipating a scintillating all out action packed war.
    "Obviously I'll be watching the Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez fight closely and I'll be ready to take either one of them out," Guerrero concluded.

Re: Guerrero Says He Can Take Out Pacquiao or Marquez

I believe he can give either two trouble but you can bet your last dolla' neither would be stupidest enough to come into the Guerrero match trying a brand-new style. Neither would open up round 1 looking like a right foot in a left shoe and neither would look like a one legged man trying to peddle his bicycle. Berto gets dummy fighter of the year award, IMO. Anyhow, congratulations to Team Ghost for capitalizing on Berto's poor game plan. Gotta' love Guerrero's blue collar lunch pail approach. No fancy glittery ring wear...no 50 man deep entourage rung walk... Just appeared to me he had walked into another training session. Biz as usual.
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 11-27-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Advanced Users

I can take out King Kong, Godzilla, Mighty Joe Young and Goliath at the same time with a peddle in my slingshot. Hehehe! Bull$hitology is free expression. The Cali Ghost has probably suffered a concussion in his foul fighting of Berto. He won't do syet! And'couldn't even beat Bam Bam Rios or Magic Man Paulie.

Wow! That is all I have to say. He ain't gon' even get Money May. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 11-28-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Lmao At the suffered a concussion comment. Also, good lesson on the other thread on how to throw a proper uppercut. Imma' test my Online Radam boxing courses in my next bar brawl. Lol

Advanced Users

Hehehe! You are wildin' with rib-breaking comedy, SouthPaul. Holla!

The ghost ain't that good in my eyes but I do think he would give Marquez problems but not Pac.

I'm just not that impressed with Robert Guerrero. Floyd beats him EASY. A good ref will not let him maul and brawl like he did with Berto.

Advanced Users

@the Roast, Money May would not let him "maul and brawl." The proper uppercutting and hooking of Money May would indeed cut up the Ghost and hurt him at will with every shot. It will be a short fight. Remindful of the bout with Vicious Victor Ortiz, the Cali Ghost would be easily frustrated. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 11-28-2012 at 11:20 AM.

I'll take tha' holla. Glad you phrase it the way you did cause it wasn't the ref allowing it as much as it was Berto's whack *** fight plan. In fact, the ref truly didn't do all that bad a job. He let them both fight a tuff grimy bout working their selves in and out of the tie ups & holding. Had that old sucka' tried getting in the middle ... woulda' added extra gridlock.
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 11-28-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaul View Post
    woulda' added extra gridlock.
    lol!