English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquez Knocks Out Pacquiao

Marquez Knocks Out Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel or the fourth time, this time on Saturday evening at the MGM, and this scrap was the best of the four. Marquez, blood pouring from his nose, having been knocked down in the fifth, landed a counter right, and it sent Manny to the mat, face first. He didn't arise to beat the count. The end came at 2:59 of the fifth.
    Shall we book the fifth fight, friends?
    Marquez shocked Manny fans with a knockdown of the Congressman in the third, but before and after that, he looked sharp, and mobile and like the "old" Manny.
    Pacquiao (54-4-2; age 33, turns 34 on Dec. 17; from the Philippines) was 147 and 151 today, and Marquez (54-6-1; age 39; from Mexico) was 143 on Friday, and 148 on fight night.
    In the first, Manny landed a few clean, hard shots, and looked active and energized. He moved his head more then we'd seen recently and Marquez wasn't that peppy.
    In the second, Manny again was sharp and quick. A one-two landed clean on Marquez' face, and the Mexican didn't look warmed up.
    In the third, a long right sent Manny down. There was 1:04 left. Manny's head cleared but he lost the round. Left hooks to the body were landing before that for JMM.
    In the fourth, Pacman got back to work. He looked to land uppercuts. There were some solid trades in this one. Nacho Beristain asked for more attacking and combo after the round.
    In the fifth, a left sent Marquez down. His left glove touched. There was 1:40 left. JMM got buzzed with less than a minute left. A right hook did that damage.
    In the sixth, blood poured from the Mexican's nose. But a right hand put Manny on his face.
    Check back for David Avila's ringside report.

Re: Marquez Knocks Out Pacquiao

Beat me to it, scribe. What an f-in' exciting fight, and an incredible ending. Pac fought an optimal, beautiful, dominant fight. And Marquez, class act and cool head, didn't miss an opportunity. As a Pac fan, I am upset, but this ending is beautiful the way truth is beautiful. Good on ya, mate.

Shocker! What will the legendary Radam G have to say about this?

all a sudden at near 40 JMM is jacked up and now a ONE punch KILLER

with mike tyson like power??????????

get the **** out of here.....

PEDS are real my friends....

i didnt have a horse in this race and am a fan of both...

but what is real is real

Now u know they really about to say he's on PEDs

Timed that wild ****$ coming in wow!! Radam my condolences

U can't say Marquez is on PEDs without proof
    then turn around and get mad when Pac was being accused
    PEDs without proof that would make u a hypocrite

Man, epic is the right word. Pacquaio was knocked out cold. I was worried about him until they got him turned over. He was left for dead. He was winning the fight as the round ended. When he came out with the head movement in the first round and the HBO crew was going crazy talking about how he was winning because he was freezing Marquez, I was saying this is what Marquez does. He loses the first round, starts to figure out his strategy in the second, and then goes about closing the gap and possibly winning the fight. I have to hand it to Marquez that was devastating and I didn't see it ending the way it did when it did. I wonder if they will fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    U can't say Marquez is on PEDs without proof
    then turn around and get mad when Pac was being accused
    PEDs without proof that would make u a hypocrite
    well when you for one invite in a new trainer who plead guilty to, admitted and testified against turning evidence putting his own friends in prison for peds, admittingly professed knowing how to beat OLYmpic tests, then at near 40 you all of a sudden have 2 percent body fat and gain 7 lbs of straight muscle in months then yes you open your self up for suspicion.

add into the fact that now you are a one punch killer with devestating power...

i guess maybe for those who have not been to the elite level of sport they dont have first hand knowledge through peers of how peds can really work, but they do...

i have always had fantastic hand speed and power hitting baseballs. hell i hit a ball over 480" in high school...in college guys can barely get them to the fence, get on peds and in the gym and
    a year later they are hitting 400' shots....

ive seen it first hand......

Administrator

They will fight again. Pacquiao will open a -180 favorite which boggles my mind since Marquez may have won all four.
    Pacquiao is a ridiculously classy man as evidenced by the way he conducted himself on this fights conclusion. It ended for him the way the Pac-Hatton fight ended for Hatton. Prizefighters truly are amazing athletes and men.