English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Arturo Gatti and Mills Lane Make the Hall of Fame

Arturo Gatti and Mills Lane Make the Hall of Fame

CANASTOTA, NY - DECEMBER 10, 2012 - The International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum announced today the newest class of inductees to enter the Hall. Modern category inductees include two-division champion Arturo “Thunder” Gatti (posthumous), five-time world champion Virgil “Quicksilver” Hill, two-time light flyweight champion Myung-Woo Yuh, “Let’s Get It On” referee Mills Lane, ring announcer Jimmy Lennon, Jr., and journalist Colin Hart.
    “We’re extremely excited about the Class of 2013 and very much looking forward to honoring the 24th class of inductees,” said Executive Director Edward Brophy.
    The 24th Annual Hall of Fame Weekend is scheduled for June 6-9th in Canastota, NY. Over 20 events, including a golf tournament, banquet, parade and autograph card show, are planned. An impressive celebrity lineup of boxing greats of yesterday and today will attend this year’s Induction Weekend. The highlight of the weekend will be the Official Enshrinement Ceremony on the Hall of Fame Museum Grounds in Canastota, New York on Sunday, June 9th to welcome the newest members.
    The Class of 2013 also includes lightweight Wesley Ramey and middleweight Jeff Smith in the Old-Timer Category (posthumous); manager Arturo “Cuyo” Hernandez in the Non Participant Category (posthumous); cartoonist Ted Carroll in the Observer Category (posthumous); and Joe Coburn in the Pioneer Category (posthumous). Inductees were voted in by members of the Boxing Writers Association and a panel of international boxing historians.
    For more information on the events planned for the 2013 International Boxing Hall of Fame Weekend, please call the Hall of Fame at (315) 697-7095, visit online at www.ibhof.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/InternationalBoxingHallofFame and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BoxingHall.

Advanced Users

Re: Arturo Gatti and Mills Lane Make the Hall of Fame

Wow! I'm glad to hear that. Gatti brought the cheers for action getting down in da game. And Lane is probably the first and only selectee in the HOF to be a combination of a collegiate national boxing champion, a military world boxing champion, a golden gloves boxing champion, a diamondbelt boxing champion, a decent professional boxer and a great referee. And before he became disabled, a promoter and color commentator. YUP! Great picks. Holla!

If Arturo Gatti is a hall of famer then they better put Zab Judah in as well yeah I said it.

Advanced Users

Cheat shot, my South Central Los Angeles friend? "City of the angels," my @$$! You must be a fallin' one, because the devil is all up in your @ss'and keyboard-tapping fingers.

What did Gatti ever do to you? And what did Judah ever do for you? Maybe you just have bro-hood, Urbanite syet with Judah.

De mortuis nil aisi bonum! Holla!

@ ali lmao zab judah wtf ... u are insane hahahahahaha what a joke that is

I'm just calling a spade a spade..I love Gatti and I hate that that bitch got away with murdering him but he was not a great fighter.

Kid canvas his accomplishment are similar to what Zab has done. Just because you where an,exciting fighter doesn't mean u deserve to be in the HOF.

Advanced Users

You don't have to be a great fighter to be in the HOF FYI, SCLA Ali. Mr. T will be in there before long for his movie role as Clubber Lang. And you know that he had a knockout over Rocky Balboa, before Rocky whup dat arse. Hehehe!

Don't be so serious. The HOF is for certain accomplishments, not greatness in being just a legit fighter. Holla!

radam your 100% right and that's y they need to change the requirements to get in theHOF. Rocky should not be in matter of fact I don'tthink Virgil Hill should be in the HOF either.

Advanced Users

You are a hater, SCLA Ali. Virgil Hill was a thrill. He was on his way to breaking the "old Mongoose" Archie Moore's record for straight defenses without a loss until Tommy Hearns upset Hill. That's right! Hill was the favorite in that fight. The boy could straight up fights back in the day.

Don't judge him by Roy Jones Jr kayoing him with broken-rib shot. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 12-12-2012 at 01:25 AM.