English Espaņol
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Year in Review-July 2012

Boxing Year in Review-July 2012

Scale Fails occured too often this year and one of the biggest was Adrien Broner's in his fight with Vicente Escobedo. The Cinci superstar-to-be ruffled feathers in old-school types when he chose not to go the extra yard in paring down to 130 pounds.
    He was 133 1/2 at the weigh in, but rather than do sauna sessions and treadmill work, he said heck with it. The July 21 fight went on, Escobedo got some extra dough to soothe him and then he got stopped in round five. With so many weight classes, one wonders how guys are missing weights so often. This sport does leave you wondering a lot, doesn't it?

Re: Boxing Year in Review-July 2012

$hit happens!! missing weight is nothing new in boxing.

Advanced Users

Actually it is, SCLA Ali. That is some sorry-@ss New Jack jive. Old school virually almosts made weight. The whup-arse cat just knew how to do it, and did it. These cats like Broner and Money May never had intentions of making the weight. They were simply running cons. Holla!

Advanced Users

Now those bodies in the above foto are old-school-ectomorph bodies. Not dat Marquez's newly Hulked-up on PEDs-and-roids syet. Holla!

Administrator

@Ali. No, no, no, no. Yesteryear, men made weight. Today, you don't have to make weight and they put you on the cover of Ring Magazine. Nat Fleischer is spinning in his grave.

@Radam. Quick question at one of my favorite humans. The morph we witnessed with your alter-ego, was that PEDs-and-roids aided?

As reprehensible as Broners flat refusal to make weight was... Al Hayman along with, Broner's coach and management should have known that Broner was having extreme difficulty getting down to junior lightweight. Broner had to jog, **** and spit for 3 hours the day before the fight in his previously fight. That's why Hayman was so quick to pay 6 figures to insure the fight would go on. All Bernstein had a video somewhere describing the events as he was on site to announce the action. Broner however did himself no favor with his less than tactful reaction to the media. Somewhere in the southwest Escobido and his new family are doing very well for themselves after receiving that bonus check .....we haven't seen or heard from Escobido since his emotionally charged postfight interview.

Broner still has much to prove.... I'm hoping we'll all find out in 2013 as well as the answer to other questions posed on this thread.

Advanced Users

Ddv, I'm straight crazy -- I mean organic. Hehehehe! The PEDs-and-roids aided morph ego of yours truly comes from eating too much balut, and washing it down with shark blood and beet juice. Fermented coconut juice sends me loco. And my evil-twin wifey holla at me to cut it out, or I'll be solo. And I'm no dodo! Holla!

Radam

I have a question for you..am sort of confused on your PED stance. The EAS whey protein powder in my pantry ... Is That a form of PED Marquez could've been taking ? Or, you referring to hardcore ... Behind the counter ...across and over south of the boarder banned type goods (this question is In response to multiple comments you've made - and to one in particular swipe you threw at Marquez on the Brown Sugar year end award thread)???

Advanced Users

Yup! That whey protein power is definitely a legal PEDs that could have been taken with the illegal one that he did take. It is a hard fact, jack. About 75 to 90 percent of the bum fighters take that illegal syet . And above half of the skilled top dawgs take dat super hardcore jive for eye candy effect.

I don't mind bursting bubbles. I will always tell it like it is. In plain sight Marquez was hiding his usage on HBO 24/7. That jive falling Angel Heredia got the "Memo." And he gave Marquez the demo. In of those in da know, he can only fool a zero, and maybe a bimbo. And couldn't do that to a hanging-boxing ho! Holla!