English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KNOCKOUT NEWS Mrs. Nonito Donaire Is Of Child

KNOCKOUT NEWS Mrs. Nonito Donaire Is Of Child

"I am pumped to change diaaaapers!" (Charis Farina-Top Rank)
    You might recall a few weeks ago I wrote a piece which touched on Nonito Donaire's struggles with a challenging upbringing. He had self esteem issues, to put it mildly, and felt less than in his house, as a kid. He was bullied at school, subject to some severe discipline at home, and there was a period when he thought about ending it all.
    He'd tie a shirt around his neck, and come close to the point of passing out. He'd fantasize about getting hit by a bus, and exiting this Earth.

His candor in discussing such sensitive matters blew me away and left me looking up to him that much more. To go from a pipsqueak who contemplated suicide, to the point where you are one of the best prizefighters on the planet...lord, if that story couldn't serve as a pick me up to another kid suffering through the same issues, what one could?

I saw Donaire's admission as an example of leadership. You see this celeb and that go on Oprah or whatever and confess to having gone through some massive trauma or dealt with some disorder or other...and don't ya know, it is almost always attached to a forthcoming book or movie project. Savvy marketers use their dirty laundry to get buzz, to help sell product. But Donaire is not selling any book or pushing any film project. He said he wants to fight to prove something to kids suffering like he was, and that's what he doing. Props.

And I have to offer more props, with the news that his missus is of child. yes, Rachel Donaire is sporting a bump, y'all. The boxer took to social media to share the news about the impending.

"I'm happy with all the awards and victories in 2012 but to me everything was nothing in comparison to when my wife told me she is pregnant," Donaire (31-1; age 30) wrote.??"I told my manager and promoter that June, July, or August I do not want to fight.?? Even if its millions of dollars, I want to be with my baby and my wife."

Again, leadership. In this work obsessed society, in which the bulk of people don't even use the vacation days they might be fortunate to be allotted, if they are lucky enough to have a job with benefits, in which all but the luckiest 5% or so struggle to keep pace with cost of living increases while wages stay stagnant, as companies ask their workers to be more productive, or simply outsource jobs to nations where workers earn a pittance, Donaire is looking to take a stand.
    He gets it. He gets what I get, that the kid will be tiny once, and you'd be advised to savor the moment, and interrupt the precious work flow, and focus on what is truly important. The little one.
    People who know me know that Thursday and Friday are harder days to catch me, because I am with my kids, age 2 and 5 3/4. That is a conscious choice. Be a bit more off radar, and focus instead on watching them blossom. I am pretty damned sure I won't be looking back, in my seat at the Cherry Blossom Senior Home, and curse out this choice. "Dammit, I so wished I worked more when the kids were little, so I didn't see them so much."
    Props to Donaire, again, for getting it. There will be ample time for fights, but once the window closes on the little one being little, there is no getting it back.

Re: KNOCKOUT NEWS Mrs. Nonito Donaire Is Of Child

Congrats......must be a slow news day though. Still, good news.

(Now, if only that chick I intend to make my wife would just fall in line eh? I mean, what's with all the fronting?)

Advanced Users

In in dat squared jungle, The Filipino Flash knocks out stanks. In dat Pinoy's luv nest, he doesn't shoot blanks. TFF is da MAN! And he made that lady his number one fan. RIGHT ON, BABBBEEEEE! Another whup-arse generation is a comin!' Pinoy TIME! Yall know dat we're are spittin' about a DIME!

Haters HATE! But all that jive is too LATE! You cannot change FATE! Holla!

deepwater

is it kanyes?? you better check the test. better yet protect that baby before rosie odonell snatches it and says its hers.

deepwater

a communist explanation="Again, leadership. In this work obsessed society, in which the bulk of people don't even use the vacation days they might be fortunate to be allotted, if they are lucky enough to have a job with benefits, in which all but the luckiest 5% or so struggle to keep pace with cost of living increases while wages stay stagnant, as companies ask their workers to be more productive, or simply outsource jobs to nations where workers earn a pittance, " before you go on in liffe please undersatnd why the economy is the way it is . start here.google= keynesianism. understand that while the "progressive government gets more communist" while they print money and add it to the money supply(m3) that it drives the hidden tax, the inflation tax. you will then undestand while they ruined our currency. houses are no longer an asset and are now liabilities. people no longer save the money because it is inflated away. debt based economies never last. switch all money based on paper(fiat) into hard currecy such as gold silver and commodities. save the country and end keynesianism economics because in the end we are all dead.

deepwater

leadership? oh boy. LIBERTY! it seems lil man donaire is just leading his life and doesnt want to lead anyone which is a great thing. why are you looking for someone to lead you? the best leadership is one of example. progressive/communist always want to lean forward and lead someone or something. To be a rational egoist is simply to live in accord with human nature. We are all independent reasoning organisms, and the only life we live or happiness we directly enjoy is our own. This does not mean that we cannot also be interested in the well-being of others, and it certainly does not give us the right to stand in the way of their pursuit of happiness. That rational egoism is human nature explains the failure of altruistic systems like communism. David Schmidtz, a philosopher at the University of Arizona, has pointed out that it does not make sense to design political systems that do not accord with human nature, and this is exactly what altruistic systems do.

Laissez-fare capitalism has its roots in human nature, or reality. Laissez-faire capitalism is simply the economic expression of rational egoism, and as such has its roots in human nature, or reality. Capitalism simply allows people to pursue their rational self-interest. This allows us to say that capitalism is objectively superior to communism. Again, if a system accords with human nature, we would expect to see it succeed, and capitalism certainly seems to be doing so. Capitalism has been around much longer than communism, and is no danger of collapsing the way communism did. Capitalism has created too many people with a vested interest in maintaining the system, which is to say, that it fills their needs and so they want to keep it. It is not democracy that prevents wars between countries (Hitler was elected), but mutual trade. People want to protect their own interests, and when you trade with someone in another country, that means that you must also protect their interests.

Capitalism has also created the fantastic wealth of our world. This is generally conceded even by Marxists! We have more time, more money, live longer, and are healthier, and this is due to capitalism. Simply contrast the living conditions of capitalist nations with those of current and former communist countries. Capitalism allows individuals to pursue their own happiness in their own way. As such, it promotes individual responsibility.

To sum up, something is objective to the extent that it relates to reality, and thus can be verified by others. Human nature is rationally egoistic, not altruistic, and this nature is best served by laissez-faire capitalism. Thus, we say that rational egoism and capitalism are more objective than systems less well grounded in human nature.

admin

Rolling Stone, President Obama stated, “Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we’d pick up.”

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater View Post
    leadership? oh boy. LIBERTY! it seems lil man donaire is just leading his life and doesnt want to lead anyone which is a great thing. why are you looking for someone to lead you? the best leadership is one of example. progressive/communist always want to lean forward and lead someone or something. To be a rational egoist is simply to live in accord with human nature. We are all independent reasoning organisms, and the only life we live or happiness we directly enjoy is our own. This does not mean that we cannot also be interested in the well-being of others, and it certainly does not give us the right to stand in the way of their pursuit of happiness. That rational egoism is human nature explains the failure of altruistic systems like communism. David Schmidtz, a philosopher at the University of Arizona, has pointed out that it does not make sense to design political systems that do not accord with human nature, and this is exactly what altruistic systems do.

Laissez-fare capitalism has its roots in human nature, or reality. Laissez-faire capitalism is simply the economic expression of rational egoism, and as such has its roots in human nature, or reality. Capitalism simply allows people to pursue their rational self-interest. This allows us to say that capitalism is objectively superior to communism. Again, if a system accords with human nature, we would expect to see it succeed, and capitalism certainly seems to be doing so. Capitalism has been around much longer than communism, and is no danger of collapsing the way communism did. Capitalism has created too many people with a vested interest in maintaining the system, which is to say, that it fills their needs and so they want to keep it. It is not democracy that prevents wars between countries (Hitler was elected), but mutual trade. People want to protect their own interests, and when you trade with someone in another country, that means that you must also protect their interests.

Capitalism has also created the fantastic wealth of our world. This is generally conceded even by Marxists! We have more time, more money, live longer, and are healthier, and this is due to capitalism. Simply contrast the living conditions of capitalist nations with those of current and former communist countries. Capitalism allows individuals to pursue their own happiness in their own way. As such, it promotes individual responsibility.

To sum up, something is objective to the extent that it relates to reality, and thus can be verified by others. Human nature is rationally egoistic, not altruistic, and this nature is best served by laissez-faire capitalism. Thus, we say that rational egoism and capitalism are more objective than systems less well grounded in human nature.

admin

Er...how do you know Donaire doesn't want to lead people? To the contrary, he told me he did. And who said communism is better than capitalism?? Our brand of capitalism as currently practiced--losses by big banks socialized, massive profits, not so much--needs some attending to, yes, but I don't hear anyone calling for a reversion to the old Soviet brand of communism. I share your views on the real estate bubble, I suspect, tho..

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Rolling Stone, President Obama stated, “Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we’d pick up.”
    god damn it gump you must be a goddamn genius. that was the best answer i ever heard.lol what do you think of objectivism vs communism? dont give someone elses punchline . what does woods the individual think about the current monatary system and where it is heading?

deepwater

we have not been a capitalist society since 1971. we have been fascist with corporations and government hand in hand(goldman sachs,citi, morgan,ge, ect ect)