English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernard Hopkins Turns 48 Tomorrow!

Bernard Hopkins Turns 48 Tomorrow!

A press conference will be held on Tuesday, Bernard Hopkins' 48th birthday, to officially announce his title bout against IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Tavoris Cloud. Hopkins will attempt to break his own record as the oldest fighter in history to win a world championship when he faces the undefeated Cloud on March 9 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn live on HBO World Championship Boxing.

Advanced Users

Re: Bernard Hopkins Turns 48 Tomorrow!

Ain't nuffin' but a number fo' B-Hop fo' real, YALL! Dude is making the late, great "Old Mongoose" Archie Moore smile and giggle up behind those Pearly Gates. Just imagine during the Old Mongoose's days, he had to put his age back -- three to six years -- to get a shot because of a youth-craze culture.

Now oldie is in, and aging is no longer treated like a forbidden sin. An old muthafudger like B-Hop will whack and smack a young @ss upside da noggin and bust dat arse and then do pushups between rounds. WTF! OMFG! B-Hop is a BAD MAN! What can you say? But for some reason "Fighter of the Year" -- voted by the elite powers that be -- has never come his way. Maybe because he got da darn Genie Naazim working that magic in the corner. No roids and/or PEDs in his sphere. [Roids and PEDs are in, genies working the corners are not.]

"X, you got drawers older than this Cloud, pi$$ punches on him and move from under that Cloud without gettin' rained or thunderstormed on," I can imagine the great and power genie of whup-@ss instruction shoutin' into B-Hop's ear. Hehehe!

(Let's pitch in this Universe what the Genie Naazim might say between rounds. The one who's the closest gets tickets to the next big bout. Hehehe! I'm just kidding!) Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 01-15-2013 at 09:56 AM.

God bless him.

Hope all fighters fight as long as they are capable.

I'm 34 and with a back injury that at times puts me on the floor for days.

So I say do what u love as long as u can!

"I dont lose to White Boys", "Pavlik should emulate black fighters", Disrespecting the Puerto Rican People by trampeling on their flag, Doing Pushups in the middle of the ring after a bogus decision against Pascal in which he never should have won! Ripping old ladies off when he was younger for chump change!
    Sometimes it takes some people longer than others to take responsibility as a productive member of society, He can abstain from all the red meat he wants and not have a cocktail at night cause Im not impressed! Hope 48 is a journey to progress!

Advanced Users

Danggit, BC! Hahaha! Holla!

@bc I feel ya but don't let propaganda get to u personally.

I'm white and I didn't have a problem with bhops "I'll never lose to a white guy"

statement. Different upbringing and events will make people who they are.

Hype is also necessary to build a fight. Either way I'm down.

Robbing ladies is never acceptable and bhops does mucho

Out reaching to help youths make proper decisions as he did not.

And how do u not love the push-ups mid ring

showing up the 18 year younger pascal for taking extended stool time?

I loved it!!

Happy b-day to a legend I can't believe hes 48 and nobody has kicked his ***.
    Last edited by ali; 01-15-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Yo Amyseng, One must take a stand in whatever station in ones life they live! Hes in a position, he should be responsible! Nevermind the idiot's upbringing! For evrey action there is a reaction or reactions! Dude's got alot of kids that absorb his sh...! Arnt we all tired of this same old story! I guess its more important for him to promote a fight than to take the charitable road! The idiot crossed that line, without remorse! Thats Why I have no respect for his kind! You reap what you sew!

Advanced Users

How soon do we forget? I'm riding with Amayseng. It is all a part of the show -- the circus if you will. Roberto Duran use to do a lot worst. And I can name about 10 HOFers who admitted to robbing old ladies, old men and even blind people.

Boxing reforms a lot of bad boys. Smack talk and acting up are parts of the game. Holla!

@Bernie Campbell.

Dude, I absolutely respect your stance however if it is the moral/character stance is what you are willing to take, you must dislike a lot boxers and for that matter professional athletes. Tons of superstar athletes have said and done absolutely scumbag type things. Just to name a few:

Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Kobe Bryant, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Randy Couture, Evander Holyfield, Phil Mickelson, Brett Favre and I could go on....

I respect anyone who can look at athletes with a moral and talent compass. Personally, I cannot. I respect athletes for what they do on the court, field, ring, ice or what have you but I separate it from the person. I am not interested in their personal lives or even what they say so much as I probably would probably not be able to watch.