English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado--WHO DO YA LIKE?

Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado--WHO DO YA LIKE?

January 17, 2013, New York, N.Y. --- (L-R) Gennady Golovkin and Gabriel Rosado pose during the final press conference in New York for their upcoming WBA World Middleweight title fight, Saturday, Jan 19 at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York , live on HBO Boxing After Dark®, beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
    Promoted by Top Rank® and K2 Promotions, in association with Tecate and Madison Square Garden, remaining tickets, priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, are currently available for purchase at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.thegarden.com. --- Photo Credit : Chris Farina - Top Rank

deepwater

Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado--WHO DO YA LIKE?

Go USA! Rosado has a chance . The deck is stacked against him. I expect a good fight. If German goo girls doesn't clip him quickly it might drag out and who knows what can happen. No $ on him but rooting for rosado anyway

deepwater

Upon further review, forget that . Ggg By ko in 5

I'm digging his tattoo. He got the memo. Go great artist or don't go at all. Even if you want a portrait of Ronald McDonald ...just make sure the artist had the skills to pay the bills. Diamonds are forever..and so is ink under the skin.

I'm excpecting Triple G to walk on water on his way to the ring and then KO Rosado to keep the hype machine rolling. Lets hope a big name fighter will step in and test GGG soon.

whether he's Walking on water,... rising up like a Phoenix from a burning pile of ashes...or decending from the sky on the winds of hype... with an "S" on his chest... GGG will emerge from this fight as a major attraction. ... and we need those.

lots and lots of hype for GGG...but hey I sure we're gonna see fireworks in this one ...Rosado has holes to exploit and GGG will be in range to catch a few also....waiting to see if GGG will time that right to left head feint of Rosado with a goodnite right of his own

Advanced Users

I'm not feeling 3-G. Maybe he is a half of G. But y'all know me. I'm down with O-P-P. Holla!

Don't know enough about Rosado to say anything, really, except I like his attitude - but Golovkin looks like the package, and is a child of the paradox of Eastern Europe: in general miserable conditions - truly miserable - next door to a sporting system that sucks up young talents and breed them scientifically. The products come out as tough SOB's with great foundation, all the motivation in the world - and a readiness to forsake alot to make it big time. Since the days of the Soviet Union, the system in the former republics all know at which particular age a child must begin in any given sport, what sort of training - at what level, intensity, etc - to begin with, and so on. I've ran across a few of these young starlets on their roadtrips thru Europe - all shy, quiet, with a remarkable work ethic - and they are at a level of their own. (Same goes for the trainers. In general unpleasant and very authoritarian characters, but they know what they're talking about. They really know.) They may not all be entertaining to watch, once they've become adult elite boxers - Golovkin being one of the exceptions - but they sure as ---- are good. And even in the crowded history of great eastern european fighters, Golovkin already stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Don't know enough about Rosado to say anything, really, except I like his attitude - but Golovkin looks like the package, and is a child of the paradox of Eastern Europe: in general miserable conditions - truly miserable - next door to a sporting system that sucks up young talents and breed them scientifically. The products come out as tough SOB's with great foundation, all the motivation in the world - and a readiness to forsake alot to make it big time. Since the days of the Soviet Union, the system in the former republics all know at which particular age a child must begin in any given sport, what sort of training - at what level, intensity, etc - to begin with, and so on. I've ran across a few of these young starlets on their roadtrips thru Europe - all shy, quiet, with a remarkable work ethic - and they are at a level of their own. (Same goes for the trainers. In general unpleasant and very authoritarian characters, but they know what they're talking about. They really know.) They may not all be entertaining to watch, once they've become adult elite boxers - Golovkin being one of the exceptions - but they sure as ---- are good. And even in the crowded history of great eastern european fighters, Golovkin already stand out.
    Very insightful post Grim......... I've been waiting to hear someones opinion from across the water.