English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Guerrero

Is Guerrero

Is Guerrero the toughest fight for Mayweather at 147?

Advanced Users

Re: Is Guerrero

No! Trout would be the toughest lefty if he were a welter. Money May would evaporate the Cali Ghost. And beat Alexander like a double-end bag. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 02-08-2013 at 10:22 PM.

may would embarrass alexander beyond belief.....he would beat the ghost but have to put in a big effort to do so...

trout at 54 could cause him some trouble due to the size.

canelo at 54 is intriguing because canelo has some power in both hands, although i see floyd beating canelo easily compared to trout..

There is nobody else for Mayweather @147 that u can get excited about other then the Ghost. Maybe Bradley but that not going to happen for obvious reasons. I think Mayweather should go ahead and fight Guerrero then Alvarez and call it a career with Martinez at 160 if he still the middleweight champ.

I agree ali.
    Today I don't think he can beat Martinez.
    But he would get mad props for taking that challenge and adding another weight class belt.

Martinez is the only fighter who can beat Floyd.

And I think would as of today.

Guerrero's constantly progressing with each fight, adding new stuff to his toolbox, and would make flatflooted Floyd work for his money - he's got the determination, the mental fortitude and a game rough enough to let May know he's been in a fight. There's something Braddockish about Guerrero - as if his history has taken him on a holy mission to the point he's ready to eat just as much leather as he have to in order to win. May can sense that. May will stay away. May will pick another one, win, pale, fade away and ultimately disappear as "could've been great, but...hum, didn't really go for it. Don't know what he's doing these days, really."

Although Grim is really dissing one of my fave fighters.......he's on the right track.....Floyd is really dragging his feet on this one... as if he doesn't want the fight... maybe Floyd doesn't really want to fight at all........but he's just trying to make himself financially sound before he goes Hollywood on us. I question Floyd's motivation and desire to box anymore ... after all, 17 years is a long time to have to stay n shape. Floyd senses that while 5 time champ Guerrero may not be cut from the same cloth stylistically..... Guererro still has the same competitive spirit....and ambition that Floyd had when he was in his late twenties.

Gurerros is totally capable of adding a new wrinkle to his repertoire that could potentially foil May weathers date with Canello. Floyd would have to dig much deeper than he did against Cotto during and in his preflight preparations. How daunting a challenge it must be for Floyd with his 17years of accumulated mileage.
    For Floyd to mention Alexander as his next opponent is like announcing to the world that you're new girlfriend is "a little" pregnant by her previous boyfriend....way to many complications to make it work.
    Keith "One-Time" Thurman is campaigning at 147 again. I think he's a little raw but he's big enough....young enough....strong enough...and has learned enough boxing fundamentals to embarrass both Guerrerro and Mayweather due to his size and relentless pressure. Unfortunately he's too new to warrant consideration.

Advanced Users

I'm sticking with Money May "ain't scare of no ghost." He will easily ghostbusterize the Cali Ghost's arse in my opinion. The Cali Ghost will be so frustrated that he may act up worse than the Cali Vicious One did. Holla!

I dunno RG MAYWEATHER may not be scared...but I would say he's very concerned. Alexander would hit mostly gloves against Floyd ....Guerrero is better at getting through to the target.

Good point brownsugar but I just think

Floyd is too sharp and too accurate.

The accumulation would be too much for the ghost by the late rounds

The ghost would gain lots of respect for putting up

Such an effort though.