English Español
Advertisement

Thread: With the Pope Resigning...

Administrator

With the Pope Resigning...

It reminded me how important religion is to most fighters. Which then reminded me of my like/dislike/like/dislike/like of Larry Merchant over the years. One of those dislike periods had to do with Larry trying to bum-rush fighters who started their post-fight interview with 'first I'd like to thank God...' followed by Larry's 'yeah, yeah, yeah'...

Sure Larry, it wasn't you risking your life in there with some hostile monster. I did ask someone who had his ear to please ask him to stop that particular practice, and although he stopped doing so, I'm not certain that that credit is mine. My belief is if a fighter wins and you want an interview with him (or her), they're free to thank planet Pluto if they choose to.

Advanced Users

Re: With the Pope Resigning...

Danggit! Father, Why Did Thy Forsake me when I was a teen and let those Roman nuns whup my arse in that Hong Kong boarding school? Sister Maribeth and Sister Teresita should've been arrested for Kung Fu fighting a lefty minor.

Everytime I tried to tell that story, Larry went back to the chief talking head. So the only somebodies that hear my jive are here. And I thank the planet Pluto. Even though it has been demoted from being considered a planet. Hehehe! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 02-11-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Advanced Users

BTW! The Pope super punked out! He couldn't stand da heat of those priests gettin' on dey freak. So he had to leave his seat. Give it to a lady pope, and that will be neat. MAYBE! Holla!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Danggit! Father, Why Did Thy Forsake me when I was a teen and let those Roman nuns whup my arse in that Hong Kong boarding school? Sister Maribeth and Sister Teresita should've been arrested for Kung Fu fighting a lefty minor.

Everytime I tried to tell that story, Larry went back to the chief talking head. So the only somebodies that hear my jive are here. And I thank the planet Pluto. Even though it has been demoted from being considered a planet. Hehehe! Holla!
    Technically Radam, it's a dwarf planet. Think of it as the minimumweight/strawweight/mini-flyweight champion of the IB of P. (International Brotherhood of Planets)

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    It reminded me how important religion is to most fighters. Which then reminded me of my like/dislike/like/dislike/like of Larry Merchant over the years. One of those dislike periods had to do with Larry trying to bum-rush fighters who started their post-fight interview with 'first I'd like to thank God...' followed by Larry's 'yeah, yeah, yeah'...

Sure Larry, it wasn't you risking your life in there with some hostile monster. I did ask someone who had his ear to please ask him to stop that particular practice, and although he stopped doing so, I'm not certain that that credit is mine. My belief is if a fighter wins and you want an interview with him (or her), they're free to thank planet Pluto if they choose to.
    And so it begins. the currency war has started and its a race to the bottom. russia and china are getting all the gold as germany takes all its gold back from usa. Pope Benny just made way for the next pope, the last pope.Petrus Romanus= peter the roman . and it will not be good thing. these are interesting times

Advanced Users

Hehehehe! Deepwater! Hehehehe! Holla!