English Espańol
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peterson-Holt Headlines FNF

Peterson-Holt Headlines FNF

Current Jr. Welterweight Titlist Lamont Peterson to Defend Title Against Kendall Holt on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights

The February 22 edition of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights presented byCorona Extra will feature an IBF Title fight between current Junior Welterweight titlist Lamont Peterson (30-1-1, 15 KOs) and former Junior Welterweight titlist Kendall “Rated R” Holt (28-5, 16 KOs) in the 12-round main event. Friday’s show from Washington, D.C., will air live at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2 HD, and will be available online through WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app. The card will also air live on ESPN Deportes+, the new digital extension of ESPN Deportes, and will air tape delayed on ESPN Deportes at 10:30 p.m. The card is promoted by Gary Shaw Productions.

Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlaswill be ringside at the D.C. Armory describing the action for ESPN2 HD, while studio host Todd Grisham (@GrishamESPN) will be on site presenting the latest boxing news and highlights. ESPN.com boxing writer Dan Rafael will also be on site providing analysis of each bout. Alex Pombo and Delvin Rodriguez will call this week’s fights for ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates (Friday Night Fights) with Leopoldo Gonzalez and Pablo Viruega in the studio. Bilingual reporter Bernardo Osuna (@osunaespn) will present live interviews and reports for both shows.
    Main Event:
    Peterson, the home town favorite, enters Friday’s fight with big fight experience, having fought current and former titlists Amir Khan, Victor Ortiz, and Timothy Bradley Jr. He won a 12-round split decision against Khan in his last fight to win the IBF Junior Welterweight title.

"The game plan against Kendall Holt is to stay busy,” Peterson said. “He really doesn’t try to fight the whole three minutes of each round. He kind of picks and chooses when he fights, so we just plan to keep him working and wear him down."
    New Jersey’s Holt is looking to build momentum after a second-round TKO win over Tim Coleman. “Lamont's a good fighter,” he said. “One big difference in this fight is that none of the pressure is on me - I’m not fighting at home, it's not my championship title. All the pressure's on him and that pressure builds up in a person's mind. He may come out there and try to impress the crowd and if he gets a little overanxious or a little overzealous. It could be an early night for him.”
    Co-Feature:
    Friday’s eight-round co-feature will pit undefeated Junior Featherweights Roman Morales (14-0, 7 KOs) against Jesus Hernandez (10-0-3 2 KOs). Morales is coming off a fifth-round knockout win over Jose Iniguez, while Hernandez is looking to rebound from a six-round draw against Edwin Solis.
    Follow ESPN’s Friday Night Fights on Twitter @ESPNFNF or like it on Facebook. Follow ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates on Twitter @ESPNBoxeo. Also score the fights round-by-round with the “Live Friday Night Fights Facebook Voting App,” an application on the ESPN FNF Facebook page that allows viewers to score the fight round-by-round.

deepwater

Re: Peterson-Holt Headlines FNF

good fight to sit down with a few ipa's on friday night. looking forward to it and leaning towards holt by ko

Definitely a good Fnf bout. Perfect bout for Lamont to work himself back into the brighter lights. Gimme' Peterson by decision or late stoppage.

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaul View Post
    Definitely a good Fnf bout. Perfect bout for Lamont to work himself back into the brighter lights. Gimme' Peterson by decision or late stoppage.
    Peterson has hometown advantage because every official in dc is on the take. Watching teddy atlas attack his assistant during the pointers is a great drinking game. No matter what punch the guy throws atlas attacks yelling bam bam. Every time atlas yells bam take a shot.

Advanced Users

I'm going in the deep waters with Deepwater on this one, SouthPaul! I can see Holt knockin' da roids and PEDs right outta Lamont Peterson's rectum. Syet's gonna be all over da canvas with roids and PEDs in it. Hehehe!

Teddy Atlas will be going:

"WTF! Da truth is coming outta Peterson. He should not have been tryin' to hide roids and PEDs up in his feces straight in da rectum, because boxing has a way of revealin' dat SH*T! We need honesty in our sport. A congressional investigation should be held to see why Peterson uses illegal enhancement jive right in the Capitol City of the U.S.A. And dirty doctors -- on the take -- rationalize and justify the usage. And get thousands of dollars from Peterson to shoot pellets of dat jive straight up in his doo-key! Aha! This stuff is spooky!

"I'm ashamed of our sport. But I'm proud of Holt for showin' da world dat a cheat will be beat. This game is about hard work and smart work. And livin' right! And gettin' enough sleep at night. Eatin' right! And not tryin' to take shortcuts with enhancement jive.

"Holt cut loose on Peterson as if Holt were a million bees spillin' from an angry beehive. That is what Peterson deserves.

"I luv diz sport! There is no other like it. God Bless Holt! God Bless the children! God Bless da Philippines! God Bless America! God Bless everywhere! God Bless Radam G! Hehehe!

"On talking heads, Radam G use to pee pee. I'm glad that he is a full-grown man now. Because I will kick his @ss if he pi$$es on me. Did I ever tell yall what I did to Mike Tyson?"

(Television cut to other to another talking head with the expression on his face: "Teddy STFU! Enough, already.")

Hehehe! Holla!

Lmfao. Nailed it. I could totally hear his irate voice in my head as I read that. Well done, sir.

Gimme Peterson by decision if he doesn't get dropped in the first 4 rds...I think he get comfortable and out work Holt. Ain't Caveman Lee from D.C? Wonder if he'll be at the fights.

Please post them in here whether watching live tonight or sometime Saturday and i will add them to my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below).

Scores can also be sent though twitter to @thefightscore

cheers guys the main event should be a good one

Advanced Users

No! Caveman Lee was from the Motorcity. He's doing time for murder. Holla!

Haha, I'm referring to TSS' own, MisterLee..aka Caveman.