English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ron borges details on mayweather showtime deal dont look good

ron borges details on mayweather showtime deal dont look good

i read up a bit on the showtime deal, and according to Ron Borges who wrote an article, if it is all true
    this deal will dwindle out pretty quickly.

mayweather is gaureenteed like 30 mil each fight...but the contract involves only 6 specific fighters..
    the ghost
    canelo
    alexander
    maidano
    danny garcia
    angulo

how in the world is floyd gonna have mega events with anyone not canelo to receive that 30 million?
    ghost vs may will do well ppv because canelo will be on the card, but any other of the fighters will not bring in enough firepower or interest.

showtime will be broke in 18 months or opt out of the contract

thoughts?

Re: ron borges details on mayweather showtime deal dont look good

I've yet to read the article and I will but in the mean time my thoughts are what they were before he even pieced that article. A mirage deal. An illusion . A deal filled with spite, revenge, and bitterness. Floyd's trying to stick it to certain people within' the industry. You heard him drop the gauntlet on live television. "I ain't putting no money into Bob Arum's and Top Ranks pockets". There you have it...made completely clear as why it's been so difficult to get any sort of deal going between the two. It's a mission of I told you so. The more I get, the more I expect.

So, Showtime is playing the game. Let the man think he's calling all the shots .. Let the power trip roll on. Smart move on their part. He'll eventually bad mouth them as well. That's how spoiled brats operate. His sandbox, his toys. I'm still undecided if Floyd's matured or if it's all a front. He ain't the best talker...mumbles a lot.. Repeats himself... Comes off scripted. Slow witted. Remind yourselves at all times: this money moniker is a WWE spin off. Everything is exaggerated (the hat he sported? Lmfao, cheesy ****!) It's sort like watching the cartoon Richie Rich. Anyhow, So, we'll see...
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 02-24-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Another way Floyd will achieve large fight purses ..he'll do exactly what Oscar did... Screw people then excuse himself by saying the same line DLH often used which was... They're still making a career high. Valid point but when that sort of money is being generated I am in the opinion the opponents purses should be much higher. Every one on that mega event should be paid extremely well. Not far fetched to think some of the off air fights are only making several grand. Fucking pathetic . Greedy sobs. They ain't changing the game... They using the same old tired script. Tragic comedy because I remember Floyd balling his eyes out at the post fight press conference ...complaining how Oscar ran him in circles and didn't share the wealth appropriately. You get abused ... You usually go on to abuse.

Amayseng he had over a million ppv buys with Victor Ortiz. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who he fights people are going to pay to see him perform. I seriously doubt he will ever fight Maidana or Angulo, Canelo is a mega fight Alexander and Garcia might be someone the fans want to Mayweather fights who knows lets just wait and see.

It's pretty much a moot point anyway,... I'd be amazed if Floyd had 3 more fights at his age.

well honestly if he is fighting maidana and alexander then he can fight those guys later on because they are def no threat

it was specified that he will only fight gbp fighters....

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    It's pretty much a moot point anyway,... I'd be amazed if Floyd had 3 more fights at his age.
    I ain't tripping off Floyd's 36. He's still good to go. Even with some slippage he's still faster, smarter, and defensively better than anyone out there. The most amazing thing about Floyd is his ring focus. You can hardly get this man to take his eyes off his opponent. Almost Impossible to break his will/ composure. He's easily got 3 fights left in 'em, specially if they favor his style. I'll be shocked if I ever see this cat staggering around the ring or seriously in jeopardy of being koy'ed. Inside the ring; he's the absolute truth. Never making no mistake of that, my friend ....

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    Amayseng he had over a million ppv buys with Victor Ortiz. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who he fights people are going to pay to see him perform. I seriously doubt he will ever fight Maidana or Angulo, Canelo is a mega fight Alexander and Garcia might be someone the fans want to Mayweather fights who knows lets just wait and see.
    in fairness ali ortiz was coming off of a fight of the year after pummeling berto.

he added intrigue as a young bigger stronger aggressive lion..

what does alexander bring? the ability to run away while throwing safe punches?

madaina brings very little..no ones paying for this
    angulo are you kidding me?

canelo vs floyd would make money..
    that is all

Advanced Users

Hehehe! "...ability to run away while throwing safe punches."

Now that is funny, Amayseng. Something like: "Swim without gettin' wet," by the wise, ole Genie Naazim. Or: "Burn without gettin' charred," by our own TSS reader/superstar poster SouthPaul, who jokingly asked for 2012 TSS ROTY B-Sug to be checked for roids and PEDs for being the Universe top dawg. I'm still laughing at that classic comic post. WTF! OMFG!

This pugilistic Universe is no doubt "The threatre of the unexpected." Nobody and dey buck and pal ever know what is going to be keyboard tapped or spoken from somebody's trap. Everybodee and dey momma be gettin' on sometype of rap.

Y'all muthasuckas and muthasuckin' I are always really to HOLLA! Hehehe! Holla!

SouthPaul I agree 110% with u