English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Berto Splits With Trainer Tony Morgan

Andre Berto Splits With Trainer Tony Morgan

(LOS ANGELES, CALIF.) - Former two-time World Champion Andre Berto (Winter Haven, Fla.) has chosen to part ways with his long-time trainer Tony Morgan, ending a nearly 20-year partnership that resulted in two world titles and a berth on the 2004 Haitian Olympic Team. The 29-year-old Berto has worked with Morgan since his time as a young amateur in central Floria, but has made the very difficult decision to move in another direction in his training.
    "Tony and I had a great ride together from the amateurs to two professional world championships, and he will always be a very important person in my life," Berto said. "He taught me a lot and I am grateful to him for that, but this is a decision I had to make at this point in my career."
    Berto is currently in the process of selecting a new trainer to guide him as he and team identify a timeframe for his next fight. He is currently residing in the Los Angeles area and looks forward to stepping back in to the ring and entertaining his fans with the unique blend of excitement and explosive power that he became famous for earlier in his career.
    "I'm still in the gym on a regular basis and getting my body in great shape. Boxing is the sport that I love and I can't wait to get back in the ring and perform again soon," Berto said. "I want to remind everyone why they love to see me fight. You will see a new and improved Andre Berto here soon."
    In addition to regular gym sessions, Berto has staying connected to the sport through his amateur roots both in the United States and his family's homeland of Haiti. A 2004 Haitian Olympian, Berto and his father, Dieuseul Berto, are currently working with the Haitian National Team in the hopes of having a Haitian boxer follow in his footsteps and compete in the 2016 Olympic Games.
    He is supporting American amateurs as well, recently funding the travel costs for 11-year-old boxer Ernesto Mercado to compete in the National Silver Gloves Championships, a tournament Berto competed in as a youngster. Mercado made good on Berto's investment, winning a national championship and the outstanding boxer award.
    Berto will travel to Miami this weekend to support younger sister and fellow fighter, Revelina, at CFA 10, a mixed martial arts event on the University of Miami campus.

deepwater

Re: Andre Berto Splits With Trainer Tony Morgan

what a surprise! its the same ole thing. boxer gets beat up then blames the trainer that got him to the top. yup. did the trainer make berto try and fight like mayweathher against rg? I dont think so. same old blame game is just a trick. berto is trying to trick himself that it was the trainers fault. look within young man

Advanced Users

Berto is stupid as syet. And he needs to quit the Hollywood jive. That stuff on the Big Screen is after tons of take twos and editing. But in that squared jungle, it is hard-@$$ reality. No take twos, editing or manufacturing jive like the Money May's Pops Joy May's bootlegged-taught Philly Crab/Shell.

Whoever dat muthasucka is around Hollywood way that has brainwashed the fraud Andre Berto is going to get him fudged up and cause him to be one big broke-d¡¢k dawg. Hehehe! Holla!

Deep makes me think... Who really is responsible for that absurd game plan? I got to know... And I still think they need to be slapped upside the head with a sweaty gym towel. Some real stupid **** went down that evening.

Advanced Users

Berto is the culprit. He did that jive on the fly. T Morgan was trying to make him cut that crap out. Holla at the dvr/dvd.

Andre is a weak-minded person who's easy to impress with boksing top dawgness. He lost in the U.S. Olympic Trials back in da day trying to imitate Roy Jones, who was Money May-popularity-like at that time. Berto was lucky to get a second chance by representing his parent's country of Haiti. Holla!

I just envisioned you and Uncle Tamoy mixing up some sort of pacific islander potion/voodoo/cocktail spell for Bradley.

Advanced Users

NOPE! Bradley is so sorry that a hex potion would do him a favor. Hehehe! Holla!

I meant to post that on the other thread. Lmao. Holla, mijo!

About damn time!! Berto trainer was terrible straight up and down. Andre never.got any betterunder his umbrella and I blame that all on Tony. His advice in the corner was never any good now the question is what trainer is a good fit for Berto im thinking Virgil Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Berto is the culprit. He did that jive on the fly. T Morgan was trying to make him cut that crap out. Holla at the dvr/dvd.

Andre is a weak-minded person who's easy to impress with boksing top dawgness. He lost in the U.S. Olympic Trials back in da day trying to imitate Roy Jones, who was Money May-popularity-like at that time. Berto was lucky to get a second chance by representing his parent's country of Haiti. Holla!

Took your advice and watched the fight last night during dinner. You were correct, sir, his trainer was telling him round after round to quit holding onto Guerrero. I mention this specifically because all that holding led into most of the damage Guerrero laid on him. All sorts of mistakes made by Berto played into him losing. Much credit to the Ghost for capitalizing on the bad game plan set forth by Team Berto but truthfully don't give him much chance against MAyweather unless MAyweather gets a sudden case of retardation.

I got Floyd handling him fairly easy, likely by decision, but possibly by late ko.