English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broner vs Malignaggi

deepwater

Broner vs Malignaggi

who wins? the swiss banker at golden boy is already talking about it. golden boy signed malignaggi thinking he would help pack Barclays. It didnt happen because Paulie looked terrible and got boo'ed out of the arena. GB is now stuck with a feather fisted champ and will try and cash him out. you can read between the lines because all the talk about paulie m fighting in abu whatever was without golden boy promotions consent. Paulie is nervous and wants a big money fight before he is put out to pasture. If Broner beats burns/vasquez, skips 140, goes right to 147 and beats Paulie M and becomes champ how high does his stock go?

Re: Broner vs Malignaggi

Given that Paulie has proven he is very durable, has faced bigger punchers that Broner, is fast himself, has a reasonable foundation and is not easily deterred; I'm just not sure Broner is tall, powerful and mature enough yet.

I like the way you described GB's attitude towards Paulie though. Accurate and funny.

Schaefer is already firing legal letters at whoever tried to set up Paulie's fight in Abdu Dhabi, or whatever that place is.
    Last edited by stormcentre; 03-03-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Advanced Users

Cats have gone Broner crazy and are straight up illing! Y'all need to be chilling! He aight! But not all dat tight. If he blows up to welterweight, and took on Paulie, Paulie will be on the magic. And the haters will be shocked that Broner will become a Greek tragic.

Paulie is going to Abu Dhabi to get madly paid. And I'm not rhyming any word with paid. Not yet, anyway -- OKAY! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 03-02-2013 at 08:04 AM.

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Cats have gone Broner crazy and are straight up illing! Y'all need to be chilling! He aight! But not all dat tight. If he blows up to welterweight, and took on Paulie, Paulie will be on the magic. And the haters will be shocked that Broner will become a Greek tragic.

Paulie is going to Abu Dhabi to get madly paid. And I'm not rhyming any word with paid. Not yet, anyway -- OKAY! Holla!
    lol Thanks SC and I think Paulie would box and move and win against broner Radam

what is gonna happen is that broner is gonna go from 75mph fastballs in batting practice to someone elite randy johnson who is just gonna blow by him with 97 mph fastballs, 84mph sliders and changeups throwing broner off all over the place with no timing or ability to catchup ...

yea that is my baseball to boxing analogy.....

I couldn't disagree more with yall. I like Paulie but in his last fight he eating right hands by a slow predicable fighter. Broner would end up stopping him im the later rounds similar to the way Khan did.

ali i think it depends on the weight desparity,

if broner is 10 lbs lighter than paulie he is in for a long night, if they are near the same size i can see broner winning..

broner is short tho

i saw the video of where the ghost went up to broner and called him out and broner was short as ****,

Amayseng Broner is only about 5 6 but I don't think it's going to matter Paulie is pretty much washed up fam

I thought Paulie, despite his limitations, did OK against Vaseychenko (spelling). Plus my above comments were based on the fact that he took a fair amount of heat from Cotto and still (just) survived. Not sure about Paulie’s fight with Kahn though.

I think I just need to see that Broner can take a light welterweight shot and also deliver a punch (that matters) in the light welterweight division; before I start hanging on his abilities in that division.
    Last edited by stormcentre; 03-03-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Little Italy does extremely well behind the mic .... outstanding commentary/analysis. I'd prefer he stay there rather than fight Broner.