English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Jones, I am appalled

Roy Jones, I am appalled

that was about the most biased and ridiculous commentary by roy jones jr.

i dont know if he was biaed, or just punchy, but i hope to never hear him again..

even Al Bernstein made a few comments about how poor it was on his twitter

showtime is head and shoulders above hbo commentary...

i miss Steward and Merchant

Advanced Users

Re: Roy Jones, I am appalled

Wow! Well, you know me! I will call a spade a spade. Amayseng, Superman Roy was suffering from inattention blindness and jingoism. He didn't inattentional do a bad job. He was try just pulling too hard for a bad fighter. Bradley STINKS! He's a great boxing game talker, but a bullsyet-_______ boxing game walker.

But I ain't hatin' him. Dude's been able to run dat con of mirage-greatness-on-the way. In this bout, he got that 9-9-9 Herman Cain pay. Bradley will forever be given sometype of gift. Then the hardcore reality of the truth he can then and will shift.

He closely won the bout IMHO because he was given three gifts of not being knocked down. Our boxing game is so seedy and such a clown. I give it up to TB. He has a con for turning boxing officials into anytime-he-fights-gift-giving Sanda Clauses for him.

Maybe Timmy looked like a needy orphan to them. So they started giving the whole alternate world of reality to him. Holla!

Definitely off-key, obviously bias.

Woke up this morning thinking how badly both fighters must've felt. Both their faces were pretty swollen. Great effort on both parts . I appreciated it, my nephews also enjoyed the card too . Good fight memories...

I generally like Roys' commentary... I admit that it was a bit sugary last night because Jones was trying to be consoling towards Bradley .... but quite frankly it didn't matter what any of them said ...because the volume of the violence in the ring drowned them all out..

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    that was about the most biased and ridiculous commentary by roy jones jr.

i dont know if he was biaed, or just punchy, but i hope to never hear him again..

even Al Bernstein made a few comments about how poor it was on his twitter

showtime is head and shoulders above hbo commentary...

i miss Steward and Merchant
    Amayseng, I don't know what comments you're referring to, but not long ago Jim Lampley asked Roy what's the strategy to fight a Philly crab shell defense. Roy stated he knew how to, but wasn't saying. If he worked for me he wouldn't of lasted through the rest of the broadcast. After all, what exactly are we paying you for?

I recall those remarks from Roy (phily crab shell defense). I took them as Roy just showing his true colors as a fighter ... And more less showing loyality to that part of him and his fellow fighter brethren.

Amayseng to say ever again is a bit harsh he usually does a great job to me. I do think showtime commentary is much better then HBO.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaul View Post
    I recall those remarks from Roy (phily crab shell defense). I took them as Roy just showing his true colors as a fighter ... And more less showing loyality to that part of him and his fellow fighter brethren.
    He's getting paid for his knowledge, with the hopes he enlightens the viewership at home. If he answered the question, do you really believe he would have had boxing insiders saying, "Oh, that's how it's done!", now we all know.

Advanced Users

Wow! There are not 99 ways to beat the Philly crap -- I mean crab. I recall J-Lamp asking about the "Shoulder Roll." I.e., the Pops Joy May's bootlegged, front-yard taught jive. And it is a 101 ways to defeat dat bytch. And I will tell you. Hehehe! Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    Amayseng to say ever again is a bit harsh he usually does a great job to me. I do think showtime commentary is much better then HBO.
    I know.
    I was a fan of Roy's. I was hoping he'd keep commentating and quit boxing.

He was so biased and terrible he was saying in the later rounds ruslan was NOt

Hurting TB and ha no chance to do so.

It was just ridiculous.

He was riding TB's jock all night.

Andre ward was fantastic last week. What a drop in quality.
    Last edited by amayseng; 03-17-2013 at 10:02 PM.