English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

  1. #1

    Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30





    ROAD TO DONAIRE-RIGONDEAUX
    PREMIERES SATURDAY,MARCH 30 ON HBO®

    Friday, March 22 - HBO Boxing will present “Road to Donaire-Rigondeaux,”an all-new special examining the upcoming super bantamweight title unification fight between Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux. The two 122-pound title-holders are on the road to a spectacular showdown at New York’s famed Radio City Music Hall on Saturday, April 13, which will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing ®.

    The “Road to Donaire-Rigondeaux” special, which will premiere on HBO on Saturday, March 30 at 12:15 a.m. ET/PT or immediately following the live Boxing After Dark presentation from Las Vegas,will feature a look at two of the best fighters in the game while they prepare to unify titles. Named “Fighter of the Year” by the Boxing Writers’ Association of America for 2012, Donaire is one of the sport’s most engaging stars and looks to continue his ascent on the pound-for-pound lists with a win. Rigondeaux has other plans and many consider him to be Donaire’s toughest opponent to date. Despite just 11 pro fights, the Cuban-native has an illustrious amateur background and two Olympic gold medals to his credit. As the tension builds for one of the most anticipated fights of the year, the special will provide a behind-the-scenes look at both men.

    The 15-minute special will also be available on the HBO ON DEMAND® and HBO GO® platforms.
    Additional HBO replay dates:
    Sunday, March 31 at 11:45 a.m.
    Monday, April 1 at 2:15 a.m.
    Wednesday, April 3 at 5:15 a.m.
    Thursday, April 4 at 12:00 a.m.
    Friday, April 5 at 5:45 p.m.
    Tuesday, April 9 at 9:15 a.m.
    Wednesday, April 10 at 2:10 a.m.
    Thursday, April 11 at 7:45 p.m.
    Friday, April 12 at 2:00 a.m.
    Saturday, April 13 at 10:00 a.m.

    Additional HBO2 replay dates:
    Tuesday, April 2 at 9:45 p.m.
    Thursday, April 4 at 6:15 p.m.
    Monday, April 8 at 10:00 a.m.
    Wednesday, April 10 at 3:20 p.m.

    All times are ET/PT.

  2. #2
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    Rigo is talkin' a lot of Mick-like jive. The Filipino Flash is going to kayo dat chump by round five. Holla!

  3. #3
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    going out on a limb here. the 50 year old cuban with growth hormones will wait all day and move around for the one counter shot. donaire will get frustrated and try too hard to force the action and get the ko. the cuban will stink the place out until he lands the counter. I will put a small amount of $ on the longshot 50 year old cuban even though I prefer donaire win

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,718

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    no way the cuban knocks donaire out, he will be running and backpeddaling all night
    like his friend bradley..
    donaire wins on activity

  5. #5
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    no way the cuban knocks donaire out, he will be running and backpeddaling all night
    like his friend bradley..
    donaire wins on activity
    I agree he will be backpedaling all night. he is going stink the place out.wait until donaire hears the boos from lack of action he is going to force the fight. thats rigos only chance of winning and i think he knows it too.

  6. #6
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    Danggit! Deepwater, it used to be dangerous up in this TSS Universe to holler out those Cubans' true ages. I did that about Joel CasaMayor in 2009, and the know nothings, haters, busters and posers here lost their d@mn minds. They demanded for Editor Mike to remove me from this Universe. And when he didn't, those chumps started making up all types of wild turkey jive, throwing racist comments against Asians and just getting as ugly as they could cloning the hebejeebeez outta me.

    The newing up of the Universe has made 95 percent of them get da heck of Dodge and never return. And the ones who did return showed up for a New York minute before getting the pull-dat-@ss-off-da-stage hook.

    BTW, in the amateurs to give old-arse Cubans a break, the powers that be upped international competition for the big boys/girls from 17-34 years old to 19-40 years old. Now those Cubans [and even the Africans, who age deduct,] don't have to put their ages five to 10 years back to stay in amateur competition then defect (or come) to the USA and strangely lost seven, eight, nine, or 10 years off their actual ages.

    Chinese native Zou "Fists of Gold" Shiming is showing the Westworld that debutting at thirty-some in pro boxing ain't bad. Be true! And be who you are. I'll never understood why the Cubans do that age-deducing syet. Especially after seeing the B-Hops, bros/docs Klits, Big Georges, etc., etc.

    The game is about fighting for the money, not deducing age for the money. Nobody give a d@mn about a good fighter's age -- just his abilities to perform, enlight and entertain. Honey fighting is what is wanted. No honey, no money! Holla!

  7. #7
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Danggit! Deepwater, it used to be dangerous up in this TSS Universe to holler out those Cubans' true ages. I did that about Joel CasaMayor in 2009, and the know nothings, haters, busters and posers here lost their d@mn minds. They demanded for Editor Mike to remove me from this Universe. And when he didn't, those chumps started making up all types of wild turkey jive, throwing racist comments against Asians and just getting as ugly as they could cloning the hebejeebeez outta me.

    The newing up of the Universe has made 95 percent of them get da heck of Dodge and never return. And the ones who did return showed up for a New York minute before getting the pull-dat-@ss-off-da-stage hook.

    BTW, in the amateurs to give old-arse Cubans a break, the powers that be upped international competition for the big boys/girls from 17-34 years old to 19-40 years old. Now those Cubans [and even the Africans, who age deduct,] don't have to put their ages five to 10 years back to stay in amateur competition then defect (or come) to the USA and strangely lost seven, eight, nine, or 10 years off their actual ages.

    Chinese native Zou "Fists of Gold" Shiming is showing the Westworld that debutting at thirty-some in pro boxing ain't bad. Be true! And be who you are. I'll never understood why the Cubans do that age-deducing syet. Especially after seeing the B-Hops, bros/docs Klits, Big Georges, etc., etc.

    The game is about fighting for the money, not deducing age for the money. Nobody give a d@mn about a good fighter's age -- just his abilities to perform, enlight and entertain. Honey fighting is what is wanted. No honey, no money! Holla!
    I think the cubans lied about their age most times had to do with the cuban national team. there is so much compitition for such a few spots that any little advantage might help the boxer make the team. no options in a communist country run by the state . no free market. no choices. either make the national squad and get a free shack or dont be on the team and you gotta lay bricks until you die. thats why these guys swim with the sharks to get some liberty. liberty is the freedom to do what you want .socialism/communism the state takes care of you from cradle to grave with no choices and no freedom. some people like to be taken care of from cradle to grave and they will not bite the hand that feeds them.

  8. #8
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    A free market even to keep lying, Deepwater. On an ESPN Classic Friday Night Fights, Teddy Atlas is mocking Team Joel CasaMayor for not yet knowing how to Apple-pie lie. For the bout propaganda telecast, CasaMayor gave his age at 28 years old -- when he was actually 35 -- and his left-in-Cuba daughter age at 17. Hehehe!

    A 28-year-old Cuban badly missing his 17-year-old Cuban daughter. Hahaha! That was a classic catch of a Cuban fibber about age. Holla!

  9. #9
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    A free market even to keep lying, Deepwater. On an ESPN Classic Friday Night Fights, Teddy Atlas is mocking Team Joel CasaMayor for not yet knowing how to Apple-pie lie. For the bout propaganda telecast, CasaMayor gave his age at 28 years old -- when he was actually 35 -- and his left-in-Cuba daughter age at 17. Hehehe!

    A 28-year-old Cuban badly missing his 17-year-old Cuban daughter. Hahaha! That was a classic catch of a Cuban fibber about age. Holla!
    Teddy knows all about the Cubans lol. Remember the heavyweight bowe beat up. That guy was over 40 saying he was 30. That bowe would be heavyweight king today.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,718

    Re: Road To Donaire-Rigondeaux Starts March 30

    riddick bowe was a force to be reckoned with when he was on top of his game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •