English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Lamont Peterson In Another PED Flap

Report: Lamont Peterson In Another PED Flap

Is it two strikes and you're out for Lamont Peterson?
    The DC based boxer has tested positive for human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), according to Lem Satterfield of RingTV.com. Lem cited a "source familiar with the fighter's post-fight results" of a drug test administered after Peterson beat Kendall Holt (TKO8) in DC on Feb. 22.
    Peterson is slated to fight Lucas Matthysse on May 18 in Atlantic City. He'd been through the PED grinder before, as he tested positive before a May 19, 2012 fight with Amir Khan.
    Peterson beat IBF 140 pound champion Khan on December 10, 2011, but the rematch was scrapped, ten days before the fight, when he tested dirty in pre-fight testing. Peterson explained that he suffered from low testosterone, and was given testosterone by a doctor, to combat that condition. He admitted that he was taking testosterone before the 2011 scrap, won by Peterson via split decision.
    The IBF ruled that their doctor said that the level of testosterone found in Peterson wasn't at a level where it could enhance his performance, for the rematch, or in the first fight; thus, they allowed him to keep his IBF strap.
    The Holt fight was an IBF title defense, and Peterson's first fight since the win over Khan.
    HCG has been touted as a weight loss aid, and the US Food and Drug Administration put out a release in December 2011 which said that the hormone produced by the human placenta and found in urine of pregnant women is not FDA-approved for weight loss. That release said that HCG is approved to treat female infertility.
    HCG is used, apparently, by some people after a steroid cycle, because it stimulates the body to make testosterone, which it does not do while ingesting a cycle of anabolic steroid. It can be used to attend to testicle shrinkage which can accompany steroid use, too.
    Satterfield wrote that the head of the DC commission, Sheldon Brown, had told Daryl Peoples, the head of the IBF, which sanctioned Peterson-Holt, that Peterson and Holt had tested negative. Holt's attorney, Pat English, said Satterfield, asked to see testing documentation from Peoples.
    So, where do we stand now? Most of us will seek clarity about Brown supposedly telling Peoples that Peterson and Holt both tested negative. And while the Twittersphere is keen to hammer Peterson for getting busted, we don't know if there is any exculpatory info that hasn't bubbled up. Will Peterson, if indeed HCG was flagged, maintain that a physician again prescribed it for him? If yes, did he not make certain that the chemical would not raise a flag with whatever outfit administered testing, which in this case was under the umbrella of WADA, not VADA or USADA.
    Readers, what are your thoughts on the matter?

deepwater

Re: Report: Lamont Peterson In Another PED Flap

anything from washington dc tests dirty anyway. let lucas m knock him out. fans wont pay and away he goes after that

Advanced Users

Wow! Is anyone surprised? And will the corrupted powers that be reverse that decision against Holt and strip the D.C. bum? I doubt it. Wrong is in. And they don't give a d@mn about sin. But they always talk God Jive. Give me a break as I move to my 4,000th post. It could've been the 7,000th, but I add onto my first drafts, so that I won't look like a post hawg dawg. Hehehe!

I'm with Deepwater. Forget it! And let Lucas kayo da bum. Lamont Peterson just cannot get away from having an eye-candy body. I best his real body without steroids is shaped in a way that cause he to crack mirrors everytime that he passes by them. For him it vain! Not about an edge gain. Holla!

I was really looking forward to the Lucas fight.

Peterson just can't stop the peds

Like a damn junkie.

I figured he'd have 2 fights before testing positive again

There are now reports the information was false. Never tested dirty. Some sort of mistake. He's clean. Allegedly.

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaul View Post
    There are now reports the information was false. Never tested dirty. Some sort of mistake. He's clean. Allegedly.
    Ban the damn dc commission then. No wonder dc can't handle fights

No doubt, that's an unforgivable mistake. Dude don't need any negative press like that. Law suit time!

I just heard they made a mistake his test was really clean.I wonder when these guys fu%k up on a PED test result r they fired immediately? Mistakes like these r hard to overcome in the public eye.
    Last edited by ali; 03-28-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Where did you hear that Ali? Was it reliable, or something unconfirmed at this stage?