English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Queens ny district attorney R Brown

deepwater

Queens ny district attorney R Brown

Hey any of you writers want to look into this. I know it's not promoting gay marriage or religious jokes but maybe there is a story here. Brown is an old crazy publicity hound. He is irrelevant since Quinn is in charge now. Maybe just maybe this guy is trying to hang on to the limelight . Daily News reporter Greg Smith did an expose last year citing a half dozen shaky Queens convictions being challenged.
    Last year, Kareem Bellamy was freed after doing 14 years for murder when Queens Acting Supreme Court Justice Joel Blumenfeld overturned his conviction, citing new evidence. Bellamy filed suit last month for prosecutorial misconduct.
    The State Court of Appeals recently ruled 5-0 to uphold another Blumenfeld ruling, that Queens prosecutors’ practice of grilling suspects before arraignment without attorneys was unethical.
    Now courthouse sources were telling me that Brown, 79, had Parkinson's disease.
    The medical whispers were personally troubling because my mother died from Parkinson's and I can tell you that it was an insidious, agonizing experience.
    Richie Brown was appointed Queens district attorney in 1991 by Gov. Mario Cuomo after a sterling career as a judge and has been a highly visible DA since, often showing up at crime scenes.
    "Brown surrounded himself with top shelf people," the source says. "But as he got older, they've all moved on. Since Quinn, took control they're not attracting the same quality of talent. That's why Quinn had to personally try the Tejpal Singh case. He couldn't allow yet another reversal and he didn't trust anyone else."
    Quinn did not return a call for comments. But Brown sees it differently.
    "It's all BS,” he told me. “I was here at 6:30 this morning. The guys who drive me will tell you that I work from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. I still go to a lot of crime scenes. I'm still very much involved in the day-to-day operations of the office."
    Is he suffering from Parkinson's?
    “Yes, but the medication keeps that very much under control."
    Does the disease interfere with his ability to run the office?
    “No, much to the contrary. We still have meetings every morning at 8:30. I'm still very much on top of everything. Everybody who knows me knows I put in a very long day. My basic problem is sleep apnea. I'm just not getting enough sleep. I wake up a half-dozen times during the night. But I'm in charge and in good shape."
    Meanwhile, the legal troubles at the office continue.

An old man with Parkinson's is trying to get In the spotlight

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2OsEiw4KD

Re: Queens ny district attorney R Brown

i might have missed the point of the article but I like Browns philosophy,.. never retire,... once you get that old,.. you stop movin,.. your dead.

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    i might have missed the point of the article but I like Browns philosophy,.. never retire,... once you get that old,.. you stop movin,.. your dead.
    That's true. All the healthy seniors I know keep a job,not for money but for happiness. Browns screwed up a lot of cases. Keep getting reversals. He used to be a top dog but too many mistakes put him on back burner. He is going hard in the press on Guerrero for attention since the governor is pushing hard on legislation and the mayor Is spending 12 million out of his pocket this week on ad blitzes. He is screwed . The Feds might step in and help since he has no record and it was presented unloaded and Locked . If it stays in queens ny he is jailed. His father was bragging about jail the other day .isnt it funny ? This is the worst possible timing regarding ny gun control laws . The man is going to come own hard on the ghost. I bet he knocks mayweather out

I see, trying to make an example of a really decent guy before knowing the facts of the accused. What a shame. After he gets clued in that he's on the wrong side, I bet he'll change his tune to match that of the public.