English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Rios and Alvarado Make Weight

Rios and Alvarado Make Weight

March 29, 2013, Las Vegas, Nevada --- (L-R) Former Lightweight champion Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and Mike Alvarado weigh in (both fighters 140 lbs) Friday for the upcoming exciting rematch of their 2012 Fight of the Year-nominated fight. Rios-Alvarado II will take place, Saturday, March 30 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev. Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Tecate, this Junior Welterweight championship rumble will be televised live on HBO Boxing After Dark®. --- Photo Credit : Chris Farina - Top Rank

deepwater

Re: Rios and Alvarado Make Weight

I got rios . It's the end of the world teddy atlas and myself agree.

Same here, but not by far. As I recall Rios looked tired, outboxed and out of ideas somewhere around r5-6, when Alvarado got careless, forgot to jab, move his feet and - most of all - to protect himself. Alvarado has the tools to win, but maybe not the mentality.

Im rooting for Rios but I got Alvarado winning by UD Rios looked bad at the weigh in to me.

Rios definitely has the appearance of looking gaunt and sucked up. I noticed it in some video (he claims he sparred 189 rounds --- consecutively. Lmfao?) even before the weigh in. Then again maybe that's just a look of a long training camp... Doing interviews ... Busy tired week. Dunno.
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 03-30-2013 at 02:07 PM.