English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,470

    Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    If Arturo Gatti, why not Vinny Paz?

    Make an argument for inducting Arturo Gatti while excluding Vinny Pazienza.

    And we are going to up the ante. For the first person who can successfully argue Gatti deserves in while Pazienza should remain in the hallway, TSS will pay airfare and lodging to our TSS 10th Anniversary Celebration coming up in 2014.

    Honestly I do not believe it is possible.

    I promise you two things:

    1. It will be a gathering you're not going to want to miss.
    2. If you miss this one, circle 2024 on your calendar, because that will be the next one.

  2. #2
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    If Arturo Gatti, why not Vinny Paz?

    Make an argument for inducting Arturo Gatti while excluding Vinny Pazienza.

    And we are going to up the ante. For the first person who can successfully argue Gatti deserves in while Pazienza should remain in the hallway, TSS will pay airfare and lodging to our TSS 10th Anniversary Celebration coming up in 2014.

    Honestly I do not believe it is possible.

    I promise you two things:

    1. It will be a gathering you're not going to want to miss.
    2. If you miss this one, circle 2024 on your calendar, because that will be the next one.
    it is all in the body of work, Gatti= w. rodriguez,jesse james leija,millet,dorin,branco,ward *3, tracey patterson harris and ivan robinson very impressive victories. Gatti got killed by mayweather and a very good a manfredi. Paz body of work not as good as gatti. almost there but not quite. aaron davis and dana rosenblatt are two I can remember that paz should not be proud of.. roy jones killed paz is = to floyd killing gatti. so it cancels each other out. Gatti resume a bit better then paz.

  3. #3
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,487

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Wow! On this one, I'm swimming with Deepwater. Gatti has the BIG GO! Paz will eventually squeeze in, though. Holla!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    297

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Being the Hall of Fame - and not the Hall of Skill - an argument could and should be made as to who was the biggest attraction. And here, in my book, Gatti comes out as the winner.

    Paz was a major attraction, a spectacular individual whose antics often resembled those of a pagan man going to war, but he benefitted from having parts of his haydays during an era in which boxing didn't suffer from pugilistic fatigue and lack of public interest. And it is here we find our winner for a deserved place in the Hall of Fame - the reason he deserves to be there - in that Arturo Gatti, as it sometimes seemed, carried the sport on shoulders who weren't made for it, but yet managed it only because he had a fighting heart bigger than the number of tax payers in his native soil of Calabria.

    In an era of gloved poseurs, Gatti stood out as a relique from times-gone-by, the embodiment of a golden age we no longer had, but never could stop longing for. That, gentlemen, was a feat itself worthy of enshrinement. So while we could debate the pedigree between the two, Paz never really - not in the way Gatti did - represented anything truly unique. He was, at his best and in his time, a fighters fighter - among some others of similar calibre.

    I'm sorry, TSS - my airflight ticket won't be cheap, but I look forward to see ya...

  5. #5
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Being the Hall of Fame - and not the Hall of Skill - an argument could and should be made as to who was the biggest attraction. And here, in my book, Gatti comes out as the winner.

    Paz was a major attraction, a spectacular individual whose antics often resembled those of a pagan man going to war, but he benefitted from having parts of his haydays during an era in which boxing didn't suffer from pugilistic fatigue and lack of public interest. And it is here we find our winner for a deserved place in the Hall of Fame - the reason he deserves to be there - in that Arturo Gatti, as it sometimes seemed, carried the sport on shoulders who weren't made for it, but yet managed it only because he had a fighting heart bigger than the number of tax payers in his native soil of Calabria.

    In an era of gloved poseurs, Gatti stood out as a relique from times-gone-by, the embodiment of a golden age we no longer had, but never could stop longing for. That, gentlemen, was a feat itself worthy of enshrinement. So while we could debate the pedigree between the two, Paz never really - not in the way Gatti did - represented anything truly unique. He was, at his best and in his time, a fighters fighter - among some others of similar calibre.

    I'm sorry, TSS - my airflight ticket won't be cheap, but I look forward to see ya...
    Grimm you are right but do not expect a plane ticket. This sort of trick reminds me of Al Bundy going to the strip club with a dollar on a string. As soon as you think you proved your point they yank back the dollar before you can grab it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    297

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater View Post
    Grimm you are right but do not expect a plane ticket. This sort of trick reminds me of Al Bundy going to the strip club with a dollar on a string. As soon as you think you proved your point they yank back the dollar before you can grab it.
    Hehe, I believe you.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Hehe, I believe you.
    You shouldn't.

  8. #8
    deepwater
    Guest

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    You shouldn't.
    Is Grimm getting the flight?

  9. #9
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,487

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Hehehehe! That was a good one, Deepwater. Holla!

  10. #10
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: Hall of Fame: Why not Vinny Paz?

    Vinny "Paz" does not get in the HOF because he shortened his last name from Pazienza to Paz. What was the purpose of that? Was he going to move to Italy and make movies like MMH and the Roast??? I never see him on set. Shortening your name is just not cool. Who does he think he is Fully Obel? Also, losing to Greg Haugen. No HOFer loses to Greg Haugen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •