English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout

Canelo Alvarez (41-0)
    You might be surprised to learn just how young Alvarez is based on the number of fights he has had. He is just 22 years old but he has been boxing since he was 13 and he turned pro in his teenage years. Thirty of his 41 wins have come by knockout. Some of his detractors have said he hasn't fought anyone of note and recently there is no arguing that point as his wins were against Jose Cotto, Carlos Baldomir, Matthew Hatton, Ryan Rhodes, Alfonso Gomez, Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley and Josesito Lopez. It is really hard to know just how good Alvarez really is.
    Austin Trout (26-0)
    Trout does not have the power that Alvarez has with only 14 of his wins coming by knockout. He is a little bit older than Alvarez but he has more speed. He also hasn't fought that much tough competition but at least he has one good win of note as he defeated Miguel Cotto last time out. Trout beat Canelo's brother, Rigoberto Alvarez to win the MBA junior middleweight title and then defended it against Delvin Rodriguez before the win over Cotto.
    Boxing Prediction
    This should be a really entertaining fight on Saturday night. Canelo has the power to win this fight but I don't know if he will get the chance to show it. Trout has more speed and skill and he may just decide to outbox Canelo all night. The problem with that strategy is that the crown in San Antonio is going to be heavily in favor of Canelo and in a close decision the judges oftentimes will follow the crowd. I think this fight will go to decision and if the judges are fair then Trout has a decent chance to win.

Advanced Users

Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout

I will be pleasantly surprised that if Trout outboxes Canelo, he will get the win. If Trout does his job, he already has one-fair shooting judge that won't give a darn about crowd noise. See in the Pilipinas, noise is a parts of our everyday lives. The Pinoy judge won't be bothered by the Texikanos' loud cheers. He will rope that jive outta his judgement like chasing steers. Nobody will affect his judgement -- guys, gals and/or queers. Hehehe! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 04-18-2013 at 01:05 AM.

I'm a little gun shy since I was so far off last week but I think Canelo will bang out a legit UD. Trout boxed as he pleased against Cotto but Alvarez is younger, stronger, bigger, and faster than Cotto. If Canelo can cut he ring off bang the body, he should win the fight. Or Trout will box his ears off and win a landslide UD, what do I know.

The robbery bandwagon is full. Most everyone picking Trout is using that built in excuse.

With or without corruption or inside favoritism ...it's that kinda fight on paper. We knowledgable fans call it a pick 'em.

The detractors will say Canelo hasn't fought anyone cause they expect all them opponents to be Durans, Ali's, Sugar Ray Leonard's.

The expectations and standards are unrealistic.

Its the nobodies that prepare 'em for the somebodies . That's the nature of the beast when building a prizefighter .

Anyhow, I got Canelo using both hand and foot speed to out sped and out brawl Trout to a fairly comfortable decision .
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 04-18-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Canelo had some trouble with an aging Mosley, so Trout knows what he needs to do. Canelo needs to
    boss the fight from the get go with sustained pressure, and manhandle Trout in the clinches, turning this
    into a brawl if necessary. It's time for Canelo to sieze the crown as the next big thing in Boxing.

Advanced Users

Que oras es? It's LEFTY TIME! Check your watches! I hate to fall off this "robbery bandwagon." It is a piece of junk with no funk. I know I shoulda got on dat victory train. Trout is going to bring the pain. Holla!

Anyone else thinking Meldrick Taylor vs Chavez when it comes to this matchup? I see this one unfolding something like that one, with Trout looking good landing more shots but Canelo landing the more damaging shots through out the fight...And in the championship rounds Trout begins to break down under the pressure and either gets stopped or stumbles across the finish line.
    Last edited by ultimoshogun; 04-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's action in the face of fear.

How about no one? There is an arrest warrant for Canelo and his brother for assault Ulises "Archie" Solis from 2011. I love how the mexican police press the issue now. But if they fight I am leaning towards Trout especially now cuz Canelo has this on his mind. But who knows if Canelo fights smart he can overpower trout and bang out a UD

deepwater

Trout wins. canelo cant even say the word Chavez until he gets another 30 fights. Chavez was organic, he rose up from the people. Canelo is a hype job forced upon the people. no comparison.

A better example of a hype job would be Chavez JR. Canelo been fighting since he was a young kid. Not just around fighters but actually practicing the craft. Of course when you're building a star there comes unwarranted and exaggerated hype. Again, nature of the development beast. When you sort it out...dust off some of that hype frenzy ...you're still left with a legit fighter in Canelo Alvarez. A young aggressive attacker who likely is going to out hustle Trout from one round to the next.
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 04-18-2013 at 01:51 PM.