English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marquez vs Bradley in 2013

Marquez vs Bradley in 2013

Juan Manuel Marquez has finally made his choice. He has picked Timothy Bradley as his next rival and the fight will take place at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on September 14.
    Why Bradley? The answer would be Why not Bradley? A fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao seems unlikely from a financial point of view, and Bradley showed some of his vulnerabilities in his performance against Ruslan Provodnikov.
    Besides Bradley and Pacquiao there were other names thrown in the mix as possible opponents for Marquez; Brandon Rios and Mike Alvarado were among them; but it seems that the most attractive one for Marquez and maybe even the one that makes more sense financially speaking is the fight against Timothy Bradley. This will also give Marquez the opportunity to win the WBO Welterweight title and conquering his fifth weight category, Marquez has been a Featherweight Champion (126 pounds) a Super featherweight champion (130 pounds) a Lightweight champion (135 pounds) and a Super Lightweight champion (140 pounds) .
    For those that wanted to see a fifth match between Marquez and Manny Pacquiao it seems as though that is not going to happen in the short or long term. Marquez has mentioned several times that it doesn't make sense for him to have another fight with Pacman, he has already proven what he wanted to prove by beating Pacquiao in their last fight.
    Timothy Bradley just won by decision against Russian Provodnikov in a fight where Bradley was close to being knocked out a couple of times, fans are still not convinced about his skills, but Bradley is younger than Marquez and a strong fighter with lots of courage, beating Marquez will finally confirm to the boxing world that he deserves his spot as a world champion.
    This fight will still have to be made official but for now it seems as though Bradley and Marquez will face each other come September 14, 2013.

Advanced Users

Re: Marquez vs Bradley in 2013

If this fight sticks, I'm all for it. For either fighter, it is not worth a bit. I predict that the Cali Big Foot bambilizes Cry-baby Hulkquez. This won't be a good fight. And it is not going to be shown by way of PPV. Holla!

I said this fight could potentially happen.

not exactly taking credit for a "prediction" because the handwriting had been on the wall for quite a while now.

after the Provodnikov fight the "handwriting on the wall" has become bold graphitti..... 12 foot tall lettering painted in bright neon colors..

My only response to the Legendary Juan Manuel Marquez is....... "DONT DO IT".

The conventional view is : Marquez Stops Bradley in a toe to toe Boxing Exibition!

The reality: Bradley will out hustle,... out scuffle, out box and out fox the former Lightweight Icon from beginning to end.

I won't spend much time defending my comments.... The results will be testimony enough.

Bradley is going to get knocked out.

Jmm will lure him in and use his ped one punch killing new power to do it.

Advanced Users

And the fight is not happening. Holla!

Advanced Users

@Amayseng, roids-and-PEDs up Hulkquez may not be able to catch the Cali Foot Big/Cali Cranium Crusher. Danggit! I musta' fo'got! Hulkquez would step on one of Tim Bradley's size 13 dogs, and KaBOOM! Upside that size nine cranium. WTF! This will a fight of freaks. Some real freaks-in-a-circus jive.

Double fudging threatre of the unexpected got me again. Now it got conducting double-freak shows. Hehehe! Holla!

deepwater

Bradley deserves some attention since he went toe to toe and might possibly be brain damaged. no fav in this match. might be a good fight or a short fight stopped on cuts by some big head butts

Advanced Users

@Amayseng, roids-and-PEDs up Hulkquez may not be able to catch the Cali Foot Big/Cali Cranium Crusher. Danggit! I musta' fo'got! Hulkquez would step on one Tim Bradley's size 13 dogs, and KaBOOM! Upside that size nine cranium. WTF! This will a fight of freaks. Some real freaks-in-a-circus jive.

Double fudging threatre of the unexpected got me again. Now it got conducting double-freak shows. Hehehe! Holla!

Battle of the Pacquiao conquerors, Marquez whoop Bradley and then defeat pacquiao in a 5th rematch

Advanced Users

Keep dreaming and fibbing to yourself. Bradley is no Omar. Tim was used as a baby of tar. Or is that tar baby. Neither one of these chumps can beat Da Manny. Only on roids and PEDs and a legion of the dark society. Holla!