English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zab Judah Seems Quite Focused Ahead of Garcia Clash

Zab Judah Seems Quite Focused Ahead of Garcia Clash

I know some of you will call me a fool, ask me if I've lost my fastball, wonder if my pro-New York bias has infected my ability to reason: but all that aside, I'm feeling like Zab Judah might just pull it off on Saturday night at Barclays Center.
    Yeah, yeah, I know, he messed the bed against Baldomir, blazed out against Mayweather, couldn't exploit advantages against Cotto, froze mentally against Amir Khan (Judah vs. Khan in above Hogan photo)...I'm familiar with all that. Indeed, history is not on Zab's side, as his recent triumphs have been coming against sub-superstars, like Kaiser Mabuza and Vernon Paris, and his signature W, against Cory Spinks, occured in 2005.
    But I heard something in Zab's voice, and from his crew, including dad Yoel and pal Monte Barrett at a Tuesday open workout for press at the Judah Brothers Gym in East New York, ahead of the Saturday Golden Boy-Showtime show at Barclays Center, that makes me believe the hype, hop on to the bandwagon of belief a little bit.
    I thought Zab's hand and foot speed was top grade in his last outing, which came last March, against Vernon Paris at the Aviation Complex in Brooklyn. So, I don't think his physical gifts have gone Elvis, and left the building. As always, I'm wondering about his head, his mentality, his focus, his resolve. "This is a huge event, a great opportunity," he said to the press. "Winning in a great style..this is New York, this is Brooklyn...New York fans are very tough." I got the sense he knows expectations are high and he doesn't want to disappoint.
    I will know a bit more if the seemingly centered, serene Zab, the on-the-right-spiritual-path Zab is truly in control of the ride on Thursday, when at the final press conference Angel Garcia, the father of junior welter champ Danny Garcia and agent provocateur extroardinaire, tries to get into his head. "I don't prepare for that," he said. "Angel is doing that stuff to support his fighter with limited skills, to make up for the 50% of what Danny is lacking." Later, asked again about button-pusher Angel, he said, "Angel who? We hear him, but we don't...That's his plan." I saw that mindset in action in London last week, when Nathan Cleverly ignored taunts from Team Robin Krasniqi, as he laughed it up when he was handed a skirt by Krasniqi which had "Nathan The Princess Cleverly" written on it. He shrugged it off, got a chuckle out of it, and showed Krasniqi how much of a princess he was in the ring at Wembley Arena and on EPIX. Zab did allow that he would derive satisfaction if and when he stopped Danny, because the father would feel the sting.
    Judah finished up by stating, firmly, that there would be no excuses if he came up short on Saturday, and he expected none from Garcia.
    Readers, weigh in. This would be a signature win for Zab...can he do it? Can he exploit that lefty stance? Do you think that Garcia's win over Amir Khan was overrated? Would a Garcia win elevate him in your eyes? What sort of bout do you see unfolding? Weigh in, in our Forum.
    Follow Woods on Twitter here.

deepwater

Re: Zab Judah Seems Quite Focused Ahead of Garcia Clash

You sir are no fool when it comes to this prediction. I must say this is the most sense you made on here since relating golden boy promotions to occupied Palestine. I fought with Zab at Queens center Elks club on wood haven blvd 1994 and have been following him since then. I was there at Mohegan sun when he won the title against that s African guy. I was there when Baldomir spoiled the big plan. A focused Zab Judah is a dangerous one. Zab is not old Morales or china chin khan. The only way to beat zab is break him down mentally and this being Zabs debut at Barclays center means he will be focused. Also Garcia's dad calling the cops on him in Vegas was no good. Go Zab! if he loses this one put a fork in him and he might have to provide security for construction sites like his brothers.

I think Zab can pull it off, he has all the physical tools. Mentally hopefully he's good. I hope he wins, I always admired his ability but never was really a fan. I met him back in Febaury at his gym in BK. He was a really nice guy, down to earth and welcoming. I am a fan of his now and I hope he whoops Danny's a** and clips Angel's wings

I going to roll with Zab also I think he's in the right frame of mind for this fight.

I like Zab's chances too. Like deepwater posted, Zab presents a bigger threat than a glass jawed Khan and a battle worn Morales.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's action in the face of fear.

Ill take Zab by mid fight KO.

A focused Zab is a dangerous Zab.

Garcia will try to time and trade and zabs

slick hooks and uppercuts get him out of there.

Remember when Zab almost got a prime cotto out

and cotto went low blow low blow?

Advanced Users

What may happen is that Zab will get D'Qed! Pretty Danny is going to hit him low, and Danny's pops Angel is going to call Zab a bytch with a punk dad. And this will cause Zab's pops to hop into the ring to fight Danny's crazy pops. Holla!

I don't know. Everytime I think Zab will win he loses, and everytime I think Zab will lose he wins.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I don't know. Everytime I think Zab will win he loses, and everytime I think Zab will lose he wins.
    OK, so I can plan accordingly, what do you think will happen and allow me to do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    OK, so I can plan accordingly, what do you think will happen and allow me to do the math.
    Since you asked, here we go. This should be Zab's last shot. In his hometown, in front of all his fans, Zab should be focused and ready. My prediction, Zab, well ahead on points late in the fight, takes a huge shot on the chin and crashes hard to the canvas. He beats the count at eight. Action resumes and Zab drills Garcia in the sack. Garcia is taking his five minutes when Zab sees Jay Nady in the crowd. Zab grabs a stool and hurls it at Nady, striking him in the nuts. Garcia refuses to continue and the ref declares Zab the winner by way of DQ. I have no idea what will happen Dino. I do know that there are three fights on HBO and three on Showtime so it should be a good night in front of the TV.