English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruben Guerrero Goes Off On Mayweather, Calls Him "Woman Beater"

Ruben Guerrero Goes Off On Mayweather, Calls Him "Woman Beater"

The final press conference to hype Saturday's return to the ring for Floyd Mayweather, and his first fight in his massive deal with Showtime, unfolded Wednesday afternoon. And it was the father of challenger Robert Guerrero, one Ruben Guerrero (seen in above photo, on the right, next to son Robert), who stole the show.
    Oscar De La Hoya spoke, after Richard Schaefer introed Leonard Ellerbe, the MGM boss, and Showtime's Stephen Espinoza. Oscar in Spanish talked about Cinco de Mayo and how pumped he was for the fight.
    Then Ruben got the mic, and went off. He referred to Floyd as a "woman beater," and said his son would beat up the woman beater. He said Floyd probably learned about his methods from his father, Floyd Sr. Floyd bowed his head a bit and shrunk in his seat. "We're gonna beat that woman beater," the father screamed. He indicated that he didn't care for Floyd talking trash about his son, calling him a hypocrite, and didn't think it was cool that Floyd had an altercation in front of his kids. Oscar looked uncomfortable and tried to get Ruben to zip it.
    Ellerbe then introed Floyd, as the "best fighter ever." he didn't take the bait and reference Ruben at all. Floyd said, "The media, you guys did a helluva job." He thanked others for doing a great job, and said as always, he wants to give the people a good show. He too didn't fire back at Ruben.
    The two fighters did a staredown and then for some reason Jose Sulaiman pried them apart.
    Steve Farhood then interviewed Floyd. He asked about Ruben's tirade. Floyd said he's older and wiser and "if I did or didn't do a crime, I did my time."
    The fighters, not the fathers, have to fight, Mayweather continued. He said he wanted to be classy, and thus not get into a mudslinging match with Ruben.
    Floyd then watched as Floyd Sr and Ruben yelled at each other. He reiterated that the fight is between the fighters, not the fathers. He said he didn't know the gameplan for the fight yet, but he wanted to execute it on Saturday.
    Robert then talked to Farhood. He laughed, and said his dad "is not all talk" so it's good that there was plenty of security pleasant. He said he was relaxed and that the hype and hubbub wasn't getting in his head.
    I actually appreciated the injection of energy into the proceeding. It looks as though some delicate souls were offended by the tirade but I think Ruben was just speaking his mind, and he has every right to do so. Could it actually hurt his son, if Floyd saves up a bit of enmity and dishes it up at the MGM? Maybe so...
    Your thoughts, readers. Was the Ruben tirade uncalled for? Classless? Or a breathe of unfiltered air that was needed?

Re: Ruben Guerrero Goes Off On Mayweather, Calls Him "Woman Beater"

I think it was a little uncalled for, but Floyd has done his fair share of ish talking in the past so who cares. We'll see how it effects the fighters, I would love for Guerrero and Garcia to fight just cuz of the prefight banter, and it would be an action packed fight as well. I hope Guerrero gets the upset

deepwater

he isn't lying. floyd is a convicted woman beater. floyd sr was beating on floyds momma. uncle roger chokes out girls all the time when they don't pay the rent. why is "woman beater" in quotes? is woman beater not appropriate? hmm...... “In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness,” RG3

Advanced Users

Wow! Butts are going to be in those seats. Holla!

Advanced Users

All is fair in love and war. And if a person did a wrong, he must pay the price and suck it up and move on.

Don't do the crime, and on your arse, nobody will do a grime. Life is a bytch, then we die. So nobody should bytch cry. Holla!

deepwater

hey professional writers, do some homework. remember back, way back. floyd vs corrales. corrales had a charge pending that he hit his wife. floyd exploited it. talked about it at every chance. he even had a b list rapper walk him into the ring talking about corrales hits woman. lot of professional writers talked about how floyd got in chicos head and took him out of the fight. if floyd can talk about it then so can anyone else. floyd got punked and put his head down like all bullies do when confronted with the Truth.

Uncalled for? I think quiet fighters should hire s**t talking coaches , just like presidents have speech writers. An "Associate" of Floyd chased down and fired several shots into the vehicle of some guy who crossed Floyd with a very trivial insult. That "associate" is in jail now. Floyd is very brazen to mention his opponents' moral issues, and needs someone to point that out to him.

No one has mentioned how Floyd said earlier that Roberts wife's battle and success

against leukemia is tired and only for sympathy.

Everyone of us can relate to cancer one way or another as it is so rapid.

Only Floyd takes a positive like Robert getting the story out there and promoting ways to

battle and beat cancer and make it a negative.

Only Floyd.

Floyd has himself listed as "executive producer" on all access

so why is he complaining about his own work?

Advanced Users

On that one, amayseng, welcome to the 1,000-post club. Money May is just using gameship to psych out the Cali Ghost, and mentally drain him. The game is about 85 percent mental. And the Cali (humbug) Holy Ghost and his beetle Ghost Dad are running on mental low right now. Everybodee and dey momma in da (boxing) know can see the Guerreros running on dangerous mental low.

The red light on their tanks is on. Highly in the mental department, Fam May has punched a giant hole into Fam Cali Ghost Guerrero's mental tank. And Fam CG's mental gas is leaking out. By fight time, the Fam CG won't have JACK. That CG's arse is going to be easy to SMACK. A river can run through FAM Cali Ghost's mental CRACK! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-01-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Radam!

I'm sure Floyd is trying to get in his Head.

Do u see this fight being competitive at all?

Even for the first few rounds?