English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather Vs. Robert Guerrero : Live round-by-round updates

Floyd Mayweather Vs. Robert Guerrero : Live round-by-round updates

It's May Day. Mayweather's day in the sun or Guerrero's historic upset? We are about to find out! It's almost Showtime!
    Fighters are in the ring. Jimmy Lennon is ready to announce. We're moments away.
    Round 1

Floyd lands a good right. He lands a few of them in a row. Mayweather is going toe to toe. Little movement. Guerrero looks strong in there. This is a good round. Guerrero gets hit again with a right to end the round.

10-9 Floyd

Round 2
    Mayweather got caught with a left hand to begin the second. It’s a rough fight. Guerrero rushes Floyd but misses with three wild punches. Good round for Guerrero after two minutes. He is showing patience. Floyd is using the jab. It’s a close round.
    Floyd 10-9
    Round 3
    Floyd is moving more around the ring. Stick and move. He jabs and moves away. Guerrero is getting hit more in this round but he is taking the shots well. Best round for Floyd so far. The right hand for Floyd is finding the target.
    10-9 Floyd
    Round 4
    Floyd uses the first thirty seconds to move around the ring. He gets tagged by a Guerrero left then returns fire with a right of his own. Guerrero is using the jab to find his target but cannot tag Floyd. This is great boxing and movement by Mayweather. Floyd shows why he is the best in this round.
    10-9 Floyd
    Round 5

Floyd’s right hand is the difference. Guerrero keeps coming forward. He throws the jab but cannot follow with the left. Guerrero’s demeanor has changed. He looks a bit confused by Floyd’s elusiveness.

10-9 Floyd

Round 6

Floyd is super quick. Guerrero starts the round with a wide right hook that Floyd avoids easily. Floyd looks sharp. This is a better round for Guerrero but he still cannot time Floyd. Floyd tags Guerrero with a right hand to end the round.

10-9 Floyd

Round 7
    Guerrero is not getting rocked. Just out-boxed. He is still coming forward but it’s a swing and a miss, almost, every time. Guerrero is attacking more to the body. But Floyd is still in control.
    10-9 Floyd
    Round 8
    Guerrero’s left eye is cut by a punch. He is dripping blood. It is right hand, after right hand, after right hand, by Floyd. In this round, Floyd is targeting the body. Floyd hurts Guerrero at the end of the round.
    10-9 Floyd
    Round 9
    Guerrero lands a good left to the body. Floyd takes it well. Mayweather lands a good right uppercut. Blood is still dripping from Guerrero’s eye. But he is putting on pressure. This is Guerrero’s best round.
    10-9 Guerrero
    Round 10
    Guerrero is pressing again. Floyd catches him with a strong one-two combo. Floyd is against the ropes but there’s no clear danger. Referre warns Guerrero for punching behind the head. Although Guerrero is applying pressure, Floyd is still in control. Floyd feints and lands the right hand at the end of the round.
    10-9 Floyd
    Round 11
    This is much of the same story. Guerrero is applying pressure with little success. Floyd lands good combos in the center of the ring. He slugs with Guerrero. Floyd wins another round.
    10-9 Floyd
    Round 12
    Final three minutes. Guerrero charges hard and tries to cut off the ring. Floyd bounces around the ring, looks at the clock at one point. The champ lands good combos to punctuate the round.
    10-9 Floyd
    TSS scores the fight 119-109 for Floyd Mayweather
    All three judges score the fight 117-111 for Floyd Mayweather.

Advanced Users

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs. Robert Guerrero : Live round-by-round updates

I also scored it 119-109 for Money May. Holla!

**** out for the money man maybe the ghost won one round.

I had ghost winning first two rounds due to some good body shots,

controlling the pace doing what he wanted

and Floyd's footing all over the place staggering with poor balance and crazy legs.

Then Floyd went on to win every single round after maybe with ghost winning one late. Can't remember.

First two rounds Floyd's legs looked concerning.

It's going to be an interesting 30 months. I like this mature version of Floyd alot better, an incredible performance considering his age
    and inactivity. Floyd's work ethic and clean living is paying him interest now. Has this dude mellowed?? I liked that he took the high road
    thru the whole promotion. He's seizing this chance to cement his legacy.

I respect this version of mayweather.
    Professional, respectful and dedicated.

However fighting the #5 ww last night is not cementing his legacy.

To do that he needs to take on the #1 fighters.

Canelo is there at 154 and unless he takes that he will continue to be a cherry picker.

Just like when he did not fight a prime margarito, Williams, pacman, Sergio Martinez and cotto.

The sad thing is Floyd would probably win those fights

but no one will ever know.

Therefore he doesn't get free credit for them.

It was sad to see him hold and run so much last night he has so much more to offer.

I think Hopkins fights against pascal at 46 were more exciting.

Advanced Users

Wow! His age ain't jack! Even in amateur boxing, the age limit has been moved from 16-35 years old to 19 to 40 years old. So, if Money May wants to, he can fight in the next Olympic Games as Doc Wladamir Klistscko plans to do. Old at 36, is just some talking heads' drama.

Maybe when life expectantcy for an athlete was 61 year old, 36 was OLD -- except for the "Old Mongoose" Archie Moore, "The Night Train" Sonny Liston and Bob Foster and ancient Cuban fighters who always put their ages back three to seven years.

It ain't age anyways, but stage. Money May has being doing the same great fighting at 6, 16, 26, and now 36. If he wants to, he will still be doing it the B-Hop's way at 46. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-05-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Really great fight from Mayweather. The fight itself was not a great fight but Mayweather put on a masterful performance against the opposition before him. Who can even give him competition at this point or the perceived threat of competition? Like everyone I would have liked to have seen Floyd fight some other fighters when they were relevant but I don't really know if that would have increased his appeal with the general fan or made him more money. It would have been great for his legacy but he may get that to some degree anyway. That will be an age old argument. But moving on from this point I don't see anyone who is even close to him. The only two that would have a perception of giving him competition at 154, there is no one at 147, would be Alvarez and Lara. I don't know if triple G could come down but I would stay away from him. Not that I don't that he could win but against Golovokin but he could do everything perfectly and then with one punch find himself on the floor. It will be real interesting to see who they can come up with for his next five fights if he continues to perform at this level. I had him winning every round but the first. His timing last night was phenomenal. It was like target practice. He made Guerrero look very ordinary and Guerrero is a decent fighter. They wanted toe to toe and when he gave it to him they still couldn't beat Mayweather at that game. Total domination.

Advanced Users

Wow! Guerrero is an ordinary fighter that promoting con da know nothings and Money May haters into thinking was extraordinary. The Cali Ghost did have a chance in Helldom, so he kept calling Out Jesus, because Jesus Marched into Hell and whup up the devil in his own Helldom.

Humbug Cali Ghost Guerrero thought that The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost Were Going to send some types of special power to him from Heaven to Money May's Sin Citydom, and Guerrero and his whacky Ghost Dad were going to march into Sin City upset the money luva.

Nice imagination and play acting, but wrong place. Reality is for dat squared jungle. Bullsyetology is for on location of a movie set. On Money May, I made my bet. And with sweaty cash, my palms are wet. Nobody will be able to beat him yet. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-05-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Floyd looked really good, he surprised me a tad with his great mobility. Guerrero didn't do anything to fool Floyd or make him think, he made it too easy for him. Guerrero seems to be way too slow at welterweight, he was too flat footed. No feinting, angles, misdirection; Easy pickings